Quantcast

Sunday, December 21, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Fire destroys home in Volcano area

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 07:47 p.m. HST, Sep 09, 2012



An unattended candle is blamed for a fire that destroyed a home in Mauna Loa Estates in the Volcano area of Hawaii island Saturday night.

Firefighters arriving at a corner house at 7th and Pearl streets found the home fully involved in flames at 11:28 p.m., according to a Hawaii County Fire Department news release.

The people who lived in the house were home at the time, but escaped without injury.

Firefighters brought the flames under control at 1:30 a.m. and extinguished the fire at 2 a.m.

Damage is estimated at $210,000.

The Red Cross is assisting the family with housing and other needs.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News