Quantcast

Saturday, October 25, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 2 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Family member arrested in California triple slaying

By Judy Lin

Associated Press

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 07:40 a.m. HST, Oct 24, 2012


RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif. » Sacramento County sheriff's deputies today arrested the 19-year-old brother of a man whose wife and two young children were found brutally slain inside their suburban Sacramento home a day earlier.

The department's spokesman, Sgt. Jason Ramos, said "something bad was brewing for some time" between the suspect and his extended family.

The suspect, Grigoriy Bukhantsov, was taken into custody early today morning and was being booked at Sacramento County Jail. Ramos said he was the only suspect in the Tuesday killing of the woman, her 2-year-old son and 3-year-old daughter.

A 6-month-old baby survived the attack and was taken from the Rancho Cordova duplex unharmed.

The husband found the bodies when he returned home Tuesday afternoon, then ran to a neighbor, who called police. Authorities have not identified the husband, but they say he is not a suspect and has been cooperating, despite being distraught.

Authorities had been searching for a 2005 Chrysler minivan that had been stolen from the family's home after the attack and spotted it about 2 a.m. today in the parking lot of a Denny's restaurant in Rocklin, a suburb to the northeast of the state capital.

They found the 19-year-old sleeping inside a booth in the restaurant with a plate of chicken fried steak with gravy. He was then taken in for an interview.

"Based on that interview as well as what we have learned throughout the investigation since yesterday afternoon, we have arrested him for the murders of all three victims," Ramos said. "We believe he is the only person responsible for this. We're not looking for any outstanding suspects at this time."

Ramos described the manner of the attack as "stabbing, slashing" but declined to go into further detail pending a coroner's inquiry. He said there was no forced entry into the home.

The identities of the victims were not immediately released.






 Print   Email   Comment | View 2 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(2)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions


IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News