POSTED: 05:29 p.m. HST, Nov 11, 2012
Maui fire rescue personnel assisted a 20-year-old Molokai woman who apparently suffered a severe allergic reaction while hiking the Halawa Falls trail.
An off-duty doctor who attended to the hiker until the rescuers arrived said that he believed the woman was suffering from anaphylactic shock.
The firefighters helped the hiker off the trail and transferred her to the care of waiting paramedics. She was transferred to Molokai General Hospital in stable condition.