Quantcast

Sunday, December 21, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Fire destroys lunchwagon at Campbell Industrial Park

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 12:33 a.m. HST, Dec 14, 2012



An unattended lunchwagon was destroyed in a fire Thursday afternoon at Campbell Industrial Park.

The lunchwagon was fully involved in flames when firefighters arrived. It was parked in a dirt lot on Kuhela Street across from the Hawaii Gas Co. when it was consumed by fire, said fire Capt. Terry Seelig.

No one was injured in the blaze.

The fire started at 1:53 p.m. Firefighters had it under control by 2:04 p.m.

The lunchwagon owner told fire officials that he had closed the lunchwagon up and left it 10 minutes before the fire began. He said he may have not completely turned off one of the propane tanks, and a pilot light probably ignited it, Seelig said.

Five 5-gallon propane containers were inside the lunchwagon. There was no evidence of any of them failing, Seelig said.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News