POSTED: 06:03 a.m. HST, Jan 07, 2013
LAST UPDATED: 09:48 p.m. HST, Jan 07, 2013
Six people were displaced after a fire damaged their two-story Nanakuli townhouse Sunday night.
Firefighters were called to the Helelula Place residence at 10:08 pm. The fire was under control 34 minutes later.
Fire investigators traced the fire to a broken gas pipe outside the residence. A pilot light from a water heater ignited the leaking gas, resulting in a fire that caused an estimated $25,000 in damage to one of the units, according to Honolulu Fire Department spokesman Capt. Terry Seelig.
The fire also resulted in a temporary loss of electricity for two buildings. No injuries were reported.