POSTED: 2:14 a.m. HST, May 1, 2012
MANAMA, Bahrain (AP) — The wife of a jailed Bahraini hunger striker says her husband will not end his nearly three-month protest despite a court-ordered review of his conviction and life sentence.
Khadija al-Musawi said on Tuesday that her husband, Abdulhadi al-Khawaja, vows to continue the hunger strike until he is freed.
A court on Monday ordered a full re-examination of the cases against al-Khawaja and 20 others convicted last year by a military-led tribunal, which was created by Bahrain's Sunni leaders in their crackdown against an uprising by the Gulf kingdom's Shiite majority.
But the ruling did not mandate their release.
Al-Khawaja and seven others received life sentences. He began his hunger strike Feb. 8.