Quantcast
  

Wednesday, April 23, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Man seriously burned in Mililani restaurant fire fueled by gas leak

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 09:58 a.m. HST, Feb 26, 2013



A 43-year-old man was taken to the hospital in serious condition Monday after he was burned while cleaning the kitchen of a ramen restaurant in the Mililani Town Center.

The fire, which was reported at 10:15 p.m., was started by a gas leak at a fitting to a kitchen table, which had corroded, said Fire Captain Terry Seelig, department spokesman.

The flash fire was ignited by a pilot light, which also activated the restaurant’s sprinkler system. The fire was brought under control by 10:30 p.m.

The fire and the water from the sprinkler system caused $25,000 worth of damage in the kitchen of New Genki Ramen at 95-1249 Meheula Parkway.

The worker, who was cleaning the kitchen after the restaurant had closed, was treated at the scene for burns to the front of his body before being taken to a burn center.






More From The Star-Advertiser

Police and Fire




 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(0)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News