Quantcast

Thursday, July 31, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Candle blamed for fire at Kahala Mall yoga studio

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:



An unattended candle left burning started a fire that caused an estimated $1,000 in damage to a Kahala Mall yoga studio early Monday, a fire department spokesman said.

Firefighters were dispatched at 1:37 a.m. to a fire at CorePower Yoga, Capt. Tery Seelig said. The crew used a fire extinguisher and had the fire out in about five minutes, he said. The fire was ruled to be an accident.

The fire burned part of the wood floor and cracked a window, Seelig said. The rest of the mall was not affected, he said.

“It’s fortunate we got there before the fire activated the sprinkler heads, which would have caused more damage to the wood floor,” Seelig said.





More From The Star-Advertiser

Police and Fire




 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Political Radar
`Toss up’

Political Radar
Super

Political Radar
Hilton; Plaza Club

Political Radar
Direct mail

Political Radar
Direct mail

Aperture Cafe
Ramadan #latergram