POSTED: 09:42 p.m. HST, Mar 09, 2013
LAST UPDATED: 02:55 a.m. HST, Mar 10, 2013
Alert firefighters kept an outdoor fire from causing major damage to a Wahiawa home Saturday afternoon.
A crew from the Wahiawa Fire Station reportedly spotted smoke coming from the Walker Avenue residence and found some outdoor furniture on fire.
The firefighters doused the fire before it could spread around 2:30 p.m.
The fire, which was caused by unattended outdoor cooking, did an estimated $20,000 in damage to the outside of the home.