Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Print   Email   Comment | View 7 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Police looking for armed Pauoa bank robber who fled on bike

By Star-Advertiser staff

LAST UPDATED: 04:01 p.m. HST, Mar 12, 2013

The public’s help is sought to help locate a bicyclist suspected in a bank robbery at the Oahu Federal Credit Union in Pauoa this afternoon.

Honolulu police and Crimestoppers said a man entered the financial institution at 2219 Pauoa Road at about 1:43 p.m. The man approached a teller and demanded money while holding a handgun. He fled on a yellow and orange bicycle on Pauoa Road toward Lusitana Street, police said.

The man is described as in his 20s, about 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighing 120-130 pounds. He has brown eyes and was wearing black-rimmed prescription glasses. He was wearing a grey, long-sleeved hoodie, a baseball cap, a black fanny pack, a black cloth that covered his face, and black gloves.

Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 955-8300, or *CRIME on a cellular phone. Free cell calls are provided by AT&T, Nextel Hawaii, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless Hawaii, Mobi PCS and Hawaiian Telcom. The public also may send anonymous tips via text or the Web. Text “CS808” and a message to 274637 or CRIMES.

COMMENTS

HAJAA1 wrote:
Spooky in town
on March 12,2013 | 04:01PM
username_required wrote:
If you know this guy... really? Is this the state of the art for bank cameras?
on March 12,2013 | 04:36PM
false wrote:
Real smart guy. Probably heading for the state line. LOL
on March 12,2013 | 05:18PM
paradiddle wrote:
Unfortunately, the description given matches a very large number of the local populaiton. Robber did pretty good job to cover up with baseball cap and hoodie and cloth to cover faceI and wore long sleeves and gloves. Notice, I did not specify gender and wouldn't matter even if known if boys or girls bike was the getaway vehicle. Main thing, no one hurt.
on March 12,2013 | 05:48PM
niimi wrote:
Didn't know there were any banks or CUs in Pauoa. Anything but houses in Pauoa?
on March 12,2013 | 10:31PM
niimi wrote:
Now I know that CUs can't afford state of the art security camera systems. LOL.
on March 12,2013 | 10:32PM
HD36 wrote:
If the economy got alot better from 2008, it sure left alot of people behind. Feels like alot of people are just making it. Wherever I go, I scan the area to see if there's any threats. I reach down and touch my right pocket and feel for my serrated spyder knife. I then feel my left pocket and make sure I brought my fake wallet with expired credit cards and $60, that I'm willing to give up to avoid bloodshed. As I get in my car I pull the towel off my mace gun that shoots 25ft and I move the gaff to the side. I walk up to an old Asian lady in her late 60's sitting on the bench at Ala Moana. The stench almost makes me barf and her clothes are so dirty they look like plants are growing out of them. What in the world happened to this lady that causes her to live in this nighmare? I don't know and for my own sake I tell myself don't care, its no my problem. I sit next to her waiting for her to ask me for money. Nothing. Looks like she's half awake, half sleeping. I drop 4 bucks on her lap and start to walk away. Then she looks up and says thanks. Damn, that's my aunty I've never seen in 15 years!
on March 12,2013 | 11:31PM