Monday, July 28, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Candle causes fire at house in Pepeekeo, Hawaii island

By Star-Advertiser staff

LAST UPDATED: 08:46 p.m. HST, Mar 30, 2013

An unattended candle was the cause of a fire that damaged a Pepeekeo house this morning, the Hawaii County Fire Department reported.

The family of five, with two adults and three young children, escaped by the time firefighters arrived at the scene.

A fire spokesman said the house was received 50 percent fire damage and the remainder of the house had smoke and water damage.

Damage to the structure was estimated at $84,000.

The fire department received a call at 8:09 a.m. The first unit arrived at 8:20 a.m.

Fifteen firefighters brought the blaze under control by 8:30 a.m.

Two back bedrooms were most heavily involved, the fire department said.

The Red Cross responded to offer help to the family.

 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
Breaking News
Political Radar
`My side’

Political Radar
‘He reminds me of me’

Bionic Reporter
Needing a new knee

Warrior Beat
Monday musings

Small Talk
Burning money

Political Radar
On policy

Warrior Beat
Apple fallout