Quantcast

Saturday, December 20, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Candle causes fire at house in Pepeekeo, Hawaii island

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 08:46 p.m. HST, Mar 30, 2013

An unattended candle was the cause of a fire that damaged a Pepeekeo house this morning, the Hawaii County Fire Department reported.

The family of five, with two adults and three young children, escaped by the time firefighters arrived at the scene.

A fire spokesman said the house was received 50 percent fire damage and the remainder of the house had smoke and water damage.

Damage to the structure was estimated at $84,000.

The fire department received a call at 8:09 a.m. The first unit arrived at 8:20 a.m.

Fifteen firefighters brought the blaze under control by 8:30 a.m.

Two back bedrooms were most heavily involved, the fire department said.

The Red Cross responded to offer help to the family.






 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(0)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions


IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News