Quantcast
  

Thursday, April 17, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 1 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Neighbors hear smoke alarm, save man from Ewa Beach fire

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:



A smoke detector and responsible neighbors helped a 56-year-old man survive a potentially life-threatening situation in Ewa Beach tonight.

Firefighters were called to a Puaniu Street address around 9 p.m. after neighbors heard the man’s smoke detector beeping and saw smoke escaping through a window in the unit. The firefighters forced open the man’s front door and found him passed out in the bathroom while food was burning on his stove, according to Honolulu Fire Department spokesperson Capt. Carlton Yamada.

The man was transported by Emergency Medical Services to an area hospital in serious condition with complications from apparent intoxication and smoke inhalation.







 Print   Email   Comment | View 1 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(1)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
manakuke wrote:
Residential fires can be frighteningly rapid; a life was saved by alert neighbors!
on April 8,2013 | 06:22AM
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News