Monday, April 21, 2014

Print   Email   Comment | View 5 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Lanakila Avenue reopened after accident knocks down utilty line

By Star-Advertiser staff

LAST UPDATED: 09:11 a.m. HST, Apr 15, 2013

Lanakila Avenue near the Lanakila Health Center has been reopened after a traffic accident left a broken utility line across the road.

The accident was reported just before 6 a.m. and the road reopened by 9 a.m.

There were no immediate reports of serious injuries.

COMMENTS

false wrote:
It will probably take half a day.
on April 15,2013 | 06:51AM
false wrote:
the only motorists that may pass through there would not cause a traffic jam. Police Officers on the scene would have blocked off Lanakila Avenue from School Street on the makai side and Kuakini Avenue on the mauka side and only local traffic into the Lanakila Health Center would be allowed through. any kind of a major repair occurring on the road would cause this kind of a situation. Maybe it may take the entire day to have the utility fixed. There are other ways to get around, including the adjacent Mauka-Makai street that goes along the other side of Lanakila Elementary School. I think there would be no inconvenience except for some rubber necking. How do i know this? I lived from that location a mere 1 mile away for 51 years. Just like the Rain Man, I know this place, I know this car, I know this road, I know K-Mart in Cincinnati, I like Wheel of Fortune.
on April 15,2013 | 06:56AM
false wrote:
on April 15,2013 | 06:56AM
mitt_grund wrote:
Thank god the TB unit is not there. Due to ongoing renovations they're currently temporarily housed until March 2014 at the top of Waimano Home Road in Pearl City, sort of the "boonies" for town dwellers. What's the route number of the bus that goes there?
on April 15,2013 | 07:01AM