Quantcast

Saturday, July 26, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Electrical outlet malfunction causes Kailua apartment fire

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 12:54 p.m. HST, May 16, 2013

An electrical malfunction of a wall outlet behind a kitchen refrigerator was the cause of a fire that caused $65,000 in damage Tuesday to a Kailua apartment structure, according to the Honolulu Fire Department.

Fire spokesman Terry Seelig said Wednesday that the fire caused damage to the second-story apartment at 547 Wailepo St. Unit 4, including the kitchen and part of the living room and rafters. The Red Cross assisted a woman occupant in finding other shelter.







 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Volley Shots
Fey, Enriques on MJNT

Political Radar
Wilhelmina Rise, et al.

Court Sense
Cold War

Political Radar
Climate change

Island Crafters
YouCanMakeThis.com

Warrior Beat
Empty pit

Political Radar
Switch

Political Radar
`Progressive hero’