Quantcast
  

Thursday, April 17, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Firefighters extinguish fire in Lahaina Safeway exhaust vent

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 06:22 p.m. HST, Jun 01, 2013

Maui firefighters extinguished a fire in the exhaust vent of the Lahaina Safeway Bakery this morning.

Firefighters called to the scene at 8:22 a.m. observed smoke coming from the bakery’s exhaust vent system.

No flames were visible in the bakery, but firefighters discovered a smoldering fire in the exhaust vent above the oven.

Store personnel and customers were evacuated and firefighters extinguished the fire by 9:28 a.m.

The fire was contained within the vent and no damage or injuries were reported.

The cause of the fire is considered accidental, blamed on grease buildup catching fire because of the heat from the oven.

Customers and workers were allowed back into the store after the fire was extinguished.






More From The Star-Advertiser

Newswatch




 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(0)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News