Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Print   Email   Comment | View 23 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Olive Garden seeking its first Hawaii lease

By Erika Engle

LAST UPDATED: 03:50 p.m. HST, Jun 25, 2013

Olive Garden, a restaurant chain that has for decades caused Hawaii residents unrequitable salivation through its advertising, is in lease talks with a local company.

MacNaughton Group confirms it is in lease negotiations for Hawaii’s first Olive Garden restaurant.

MacNaughton is expanding Kapolei Commons, located at 4450 Kapolei Pkwy.

COMMENTS

primo1 wrote:
"Olive Garden, a restaurant chain that has for decades caused Hawaii residents unrequitable salivation through its advertising..." Speak for yourself Erika...I don't find myself drooling over mediocre chain restaurants. Might as well be drooling over Denny's...
on June 25,2013 | 04:43PM
Aieagrl wrote:
or zippys...
on June 25,2013 | 05:14PM
mikethenovice wrote:
I love their chili. Is the fried chicken still hard as a golf ball?
on June 25,2013 | 05:35PM
Aieagrl wrote:
Absolutely! Also, its only $2 each, and for the smallest pieces they could find mind you.
on June 25,2013 | 06:59PM
copperwire9 wrote:
Cool! I like Olive Garden. Every time I go to the mainland, I find one to enjoy. I particularly like the fact that you can have endless salad with your pasta.
on June 25,2013 | 05:19PM
There is an "Olive Garden" just about a mile down the road as the crow flies, and is a very enjoyable restaurant to visit. Love their Caesar salad and soups. They also have take-outs which they package nicely. Awhile ago they had resident manager that was from Hawaii. Laguna Woods, California
on June 25,2013 | 05:22PM
mikethenovice wrote:
Waiting for Panera Bread. Want to see why it's stock is up every day.
on June 25,2013 | 05:34PM
copperwire9 wrote:
'cuz it's ono! Great stuff.
on June 26,2013 | 12:43AM
chariie1 wrote:
Gross!!
on June 25,2013 | 05:55PM
JHAKANA wrote:
Be careful what you wish for. All Olive Garden dishes will be $4.00 plus per plate as advertised nationally. Darden's also owns Red Lobster, and her too, nationally advertised "specials" are $4.00 more here in Hawai'i. Best we patronize Bravos, great food at great prices, and already here in Hawai'i!
on June 25,2013 | 07:09PM
tasod wrote:
Yay, some good news today!
on June 25,2013 | 07:10PM
kolohepalu wrote:
Too bad- one thing we do not need is more mainland-based chain restaurants. Keep McFood in America.
on June 25,2013 | 08:09PM
Fred01 wrote:
You are in America dim-wit.
on June 26,2013 | 02:18PM
aomohoa wrote:
Can I second that dim wit comment! People here complain that they don't want Mainland business and restaurants . Do that many people really fill that way? I go to Costco and it is always busy. I go to Target and it is always busy, and they do a lot for the community. I go to Chili's and it is always packed. So who is complaining? Oh the people who complain about everything. I think they just take their cranky pill every morning.
on June 26,2013 | 04:25PM
niimi wrote:
If OG were in Honolulu I'd eat there monthly.
on June 25,2013 | 09:13PM
niimi wrote:
I wish they had a Claim Jumper here, too.
on June 25,2013 | 09:14PM
livinginhawaii wrote:
Pass, assuming the food here will be the same as on the mainland - their Orlando restaurant already has three strikes with me. Very mediocre...
on June 26,2013 | 01:18PM
Fred01 wrote:
"a restaurant chain that has for decades caused Hawaii residents unrequitable salivation through its advertising" THAT'S A JOKE, RIGHT?
on June 26,2013 | 02:17PM
4watitsworth wrote:
HURRAY! Finally an Olive Garden in Hawaii but in Kapolei? That's a bit too far for us (old folks) to drive so we'll probably go there for special occasions only or if we're ever in the area. I hope they do very well and eventually open a restaurant in town. We look forward to their opening. Welcome OG!
on June 26,2013 | 03:23PM
aomohoa wrote:
The thing is there is a lot more land available in Kapolei. Sorry for you but happy for me. I live in Ewa Beach.
on June 26,2013 | 04:27PM
iwanaknow wrote:
Ate at OG last month on the Mainland............sorry, not impressed. NEXT!
on June 26,2013 | 04:24PM
aomohoa wrote:
So what do you think is a reasonably priced family restaurant here? I am always looking for new places to eat. I am certainly sick of Zippy's.. I do love Big City Diner.
on June 26,2013 | 07:58PM
Aquarius1 wrote:
I'll take Mediterraneo, Cafe Sistina, Assagios and a few others over Olive Garden. Ugh! With that location, it will be interesting to see how long it will last.
on June 26,2013 | 09:43PM