Thursday, April 24, 2014

Print   Email   Comment | View 24 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Man arrested following Ewa Beach road rage incident

By Star-Advertiser staff

LAST UPDATED: 05:19 a.m. HST, Jul 24, 2013

A 44-year-old Waianae man was arrested Tuesday morning in connection with a road rage incident in Ewa Beach earlier this month.

Police said a woman, 42, reported that as she was driving in Ewa Beach about 2 a.m. on July 6, she was chased and then overtaken by a vehicle driven by the suspect. The suspect then allegedly stopped his car in front of hers, reversed into it, and then got out of his car and punched her windshield, causing the glass to shatter.

The man is being held pending a charge of first-degree criminal property damage.

COMMENTS

IAmSane wrote:
Yikes dangerous west side!
on July 23,2013 | 10:03PM
Grimbold wrote:
You ever wonder why so many people there are poor? They ruin their own lives by stupid deeds. Acting like monkeys .
on July 24,2013 | 03:44AM
soundofreason wrote:
That's why I say..........." I don't hate poor people - I hate the series stupid decisions poor people make that MAKE them poor"
on July 24,2013 | 07:16AM
honopic wrote:
Hehehe.... good impersonation of allie. ; = )
on July 24,2013 | 02:30PM
livinginhawaii wrote:
How about a name and a pic so we can screen for dangerous job applicants?
on July 23,2013 | 10:26PM
Sunny wrote:
Check your job applicants hands for scars!
on July 24,2013 | 09:23AM
tiki886 wrote:
Or for hair in their palms.
on July 24,2013 | 09:48AM
I agree. These guys should have their pictures on a registry to shame them. If that was my wife, that would be the last of his concern.
on July 24,2013 | 10:39AM
mikethenovice wrote:
Road rage has no winners. Just walk away to live another day.
on July 24,2013 | 03:33AM
peanutgallery wrote:
What a punk!
on July 24,2013 | 04:30AM
paradiddle wrote:
2am anywhere..... Why am I not surprised?
on July 24,2013 | 06:56AM
Hawaii001 wrote:
There's gotta be more to this than just being "chased and overtaken". Did she cut him off? Stop in the middle of the road for nothing?
on July 24,2013 | 06:59AM
RetiredWorking wrote:
My nephew started to become enraged while driving us in Los Angeles. He wanted to chase after the guy. I had to emphatically remind hime TWICE that "Hey, I'm on vacation!!!"
on July 24,2013 | 07:05AM
Good judgement on your part, road rage in California has connsequences, they got guns and shoot at you.Keep your cool and drive on, hoping they don't follow you to test their prowess at using a gun. Too many idiots on the highways these days. Remember a catch phrase from way back when, " courtesy is contagious".
on July 24,2013 | 10:37AM
twk123 wrote:
Wow Awful Incident...Scary that time of night especially
on July 24,2013 | 07:29AM
kolohepalu wrote:
Hope he does time. Somebody capable of acting like that is fundamentally unstable.
on July 24,2013 | 07:55AM
Sunny wrote:
Time? I don't think so, our prisons are over crowded...you have to kill someone before you serve time!
on July 24,2013 | 09:25AM
Jonas wrote:
I want to know what she did to prompt that kind of response. The article makes it sound like she was just driving along, minding her own business, then everything happened all of a sudden. Sometimes I wonder if people even realize what they did to cause something - or are they just that ignorant? Definitely doesn't justify his actions though...
on July 24,2013 | 09:04AM
gobows wrote:
Wild West!
on July 24,2013 | 09:32AM
tiki886 wrote:
This is why I have a still/video dash cam. It works really well. It captures faces and license plates with high resolution day or night and it has a mic so I can narrate the scene if I need to. I've caught vehicles, bicyclists running red lights. And pedestrians walking in front me when I have the green light.

I encourage everyone to buy one. It's not a go-pro hero model but it works just as well. Comes in handy if you need to establish fault or report a crime to HPD or your insurance company.

on July 24,2013 | 09:58AM
tiki886 wrote:
I used to carry a cheap $10 one time use camera and when someone tailgated me, I'd reach back and just use the flash on the camera to make them back off. It works, day or night. One time I had an irate motorist pull up along side me in an act of road rage and as soon as I pulled out my camera to flash him (even during the day) he took off at high speed to get away from me.

I think that little cheap camera is more effective in driving away ignoramuses on the road than my dash cam because a flash is more startling and it gets the message across in a more dramatic fashion.

on July 24,2013 | 10:17AM
Only problem with that is, it could blind him and his car run into your car.
on July 24,2013 | 10:41AM
tiki886 wrote:
Very unlikely since I've already proved that my tactic works. Have you seen the flash of a cheap $10 camera? It has less output than the highlights of your own vehicle or halogen headlights.
on July 24,2013 | 11:03AM
The offender should his license revoked for a couple years and only after a year of therapy can he even ask for the ability to re-apply for a driver's license. If he is caught driving without a license, he should be thrown in jail for a couple of years.
on July 24,2013 | 10:41AM