Quantcast
  

Saturday, April 19, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 188 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Deedy may testify in his trial in 2011 shooting death

By Ken Kobayashi

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 01:59 a.m. HST, Aug 06, 2013


State Department Special Agent Christopher Deedy might testify Tuesday in his trial on a charge of murdering Kollin Elderts at a McDonald’s Waikiki restaurant early on Nov. 5, 2011.

Deedy’s lawyers notified the prosecutors at the end of today’s session that Deedy is one of three witnesses who might testify Monday.

Deedy’s attorney, Brook Hart, said before the trial that it was “highly likely” his client would take the stand, but cautioned that a final decision had not been made.

“We will decide tonight,” Hart said as he left the courthouse Monday.







 Print   Email   Comment | View 188 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(188)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
allie wrote:
A real friend would have pulled Elderts back from the verbal confrontation. She is laughing it up now but he betrayed Elderts. Just a fact.
on August 5,2013 | 01:00PM
Fred01 wrote:
Like Elderts, Shane Medeiros is a sissy coward bully. When does his trial start?
on August 5,2013 | 01:09PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
Fred01 wrote: "Like Elderts, Shane Medeiros is a sissy coward bully. When does his trial start?"

Probably about two years after he walks up to stranger, threatens to kill him, kick him, and then pull a gun and shoot him when he realizes the fight he just started is going badly.

You know... like Deedy.

As far as I know though, Shane Medeiros has never done anything like that.


on August 5,2013 | 04:16PM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
He and Eldert's caused the problem to begin with, that much is clear and not in dispute. The only matter that needs to be decided is if Deedy was justified in shooting Elderts. Non of this would have happened if Elderts and Medeiros had not be hassling the skinny guy in the first place.
on August 5,2013 | 09:36PM
umanasibo wrote:
Wrong. Elderts and Medeiros may have been jerks that night, but even their boorish behavior was not reason for Deedy to threaten, assault and then pull out and fire his weapon in a restaurant filled with innocent bystanders. Drunk or not, Deedy demonstrated astoundingly poor judgement that night. At worst, it should have been a fistfight. Instead, we've got one man dead and another whose freedom is hanging in the balance.
on August 5,2013 | 10:24PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
saywhatyouthink wrote: "He and Eldert's caused the problem to begin with, that much is clear and not in dispute. The only matter that needs to be decided is if Deedy was justified in shooting Elderts."

That is very much in dispute. Being loud and even annoying isn't against the law. With his death threats and throwing the first kick, Deedy took a nonviolent, nonthreatening situation quickly escalated it until he shot an unarmed man who had 45 seconds before had been waiting for a sack of burgers.


on August 5,2013 | 10:57PM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
True, hassling tourists is not a capital offense but it doesn't change the fact that the incident would not have occurred had Eldert's and Medeiros not been harassing tourists and looking for a fight to begin with. In case you're not aware, Eldert's has a criminal history of physical assault and resisting arrest by a police officer. Deedy has no such criminal record. Now who do you think is responsible for the problem?
on August 5,2013 | 11:43PM
Anonymous wrote:
say, the guy with the gun.
on August 6,2013 | 01:27AM
daniwitz13 wrote:
Very odd that you look only on one side and not the other. Why didn't you say that Deedy started it by being a Govt. Agent, drinking in multiple bars, carrying a Gun, approaching a situation that did not involve him, etc, etc. Why the eye patch over one eye treatment? Why the need to bring in his past? Which is irrelevant to this case? Would Deedy go "to" the table if he did NOT have a Gun? I would have to say NO, because his friend already WARNED him about 'local' people. With a Gun, 'what the hell, he acts up, I shoot him', no big deal. Of course, say what you think. Pity.
on August 6,2013 | 11:10AM
dlum003 wrote:
talk about kicking a dead horse
on August 5,2013 | 01:06PM
alba66 wrote:
Will the jury give Deedy the benefit of the doubt? ...because he appeared more sober than Edarts? ...sober enough to deliver a kung-fu kick? ...to refuse a breath analysis or a blood-draw since Deedy was not driving and hence ineligible for a test? Edarts can be assumed of having caused his own "death-by-federal agent" by being drunk and obstreperous to the extent that only a bullet in his chest or face could control his aggression....?
on August 5,2013 | 01:06PM
WooWoo wrote:
The security guard had a front row seat and appears to be an unbiased witness. I would guess that most jurors would give her testimony more weight than Medeiros or West.
on August 5,2013 | 01:11PM
hanalei395 wrote:
The number one rule of an immigrant ..... Always stay on the same side with the Feds.
on August 5,2013 | 01:51PM
GONEGOLFIN wrote:
So now we're labeling Soriano as and "imigrant"? Next we're going to be checking her green card too. Oh, btw, you might want to open a birther investigation as to her legal residence. Geesh!
on August 5,2013 | 03:10PM
hanalei395 wrote:
I didn't mention any names, you did. ... Don't worry about it.
on August 5,2013 | 05:50PM
Kealii wrote:
Oh shut the h3ll up! Everyone and their mama knows who you were talking about... Obama! Bahahahahahaha! Okay I'm out.
on August 5,2013 | 06:21PM
hanalei395 wrote:
OK, thanks, I'll buy that. ...... HOWEVER .....Number one rule of an immigrant ....ALWAYS stay on the same side with the Feds.
on August 5,2013 | 06:48PM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
Are the Feds on Deedy's side? Did they clear him in this shooting? Last I heard, they were still investigating it.
on August 5,2013 | 09:40PM
stingray65 wrote:
Is that the same as Obama won because all of the welfare, unemployed, depend on government check? All 45 % of them? Back to the subject, who started the whole thing to begin with? DEEDY? Or the bully of windward that end up six feet below the ground?
on August 6,2013 | 01:26PM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
Wow .... what a racist statement that was, you must dislike immigrants.
on August 5,2013 | 09:38PM
hanalei395 wrote:
No, just you.
on August 6,2013 | 04:50AM
312guy wrote:
the same can be said the number one rule of local ... always stay on the side with the local
on August 5,2013 | 11:13PM
hanalei395 wrote:
I know you were desperate to make a "comeback" statement, but no, there is no "number one rule" for a local to always be on the side of another local. But, in the case of an immigrant, being on the same side with the Feds is a plus for the immigrant.
on August 6,2013 | 05:00AM
bestreader wrote:
Talking like someone who don't like rmmigrant
on August 7,2013 | 01:02AM
WF808 wrote:
An acquittal of Deedy on the basis that Elderts instigated everything would make it more difficult to sue Ms. Soriano, McDonalds and the security company for this incident. Still think Ms. Soriano is unbiased?
on August 5,2013 | 05:39PM
wiliki wrote:
Of course no one believes that Elderts was murdered. Eldert's the agreessor here. The video shows that.
on August 5,2013 | 06:14PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
wiliki wrote: "Of course no one believes that Elderts was murdered. Eldert's the agreessor here. The video shows that."

You need to look at that video again.

It shows Deedy walking over to the seated Elderts and talking to him. (Two United States Marines have testified that Deedy was threatening to kill him and the security guard testified that she didn't get concerned about violence until Deedy got involved) Then the video shows Deedy losing his slipper after kicking Elderts. Deedy doesn't deny delivering that kick.

I think you should watch it again.


on August 5,2013 | 08:08PM
312guy wrote:
just the facts and the video shows that
on August 5,2013 | 11:16PM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
Why would any of those you mentioned be sued for anything? None of them could have prevented Eldert's from shooting off his mouth at a tourist, none could have prevented Deedy from stopping him.
on August 5,2013 | 09:42PM
Anonymous wrote:
say, McD's Corporation has deep pockets. It and the franchise owner(s), as well as Deedy and the State Dept. are likely to be sued. Soriano and her employer, prolly not. But who knows?
on August 6,2013 | 01:38AM
wiliki wrote:
The guard has also had some experience with drunks and guys like Eldert and Medeiros. Her job depends on how well she makes these judgments.
on August 5,2013 | 06:07PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
wiliki wrote: "The guard has also had some experience with drunks and guys like Eldert and Medeiros. Her job depends on how well she makes these judgments."

And she didn't judge that there was going to be a fight until Deedy walked over.


on August 5,2013 | 06:12PM
kumasachi wrote:
The security guard has an opinion. Does he have the ability to determine Deddy,s alcohol level by just vidually observing him, I think not . Deddy refused to take a breatilizer test because if he did, he would have been dead meat. WooWoo your opinion is Kook Koo.
on August 5,2013 | 06:39PM
312guy wrote:
to me declining to take a breathelizer test show shows presence of clear mind not one that is intoxicated and agreeing to do what the police want.
on August 5,2013 | 11:21PM
hanalei395 wrote:
"said she did not see Deedy kick Elderts" ............. And the ONLY one there who "did not see Deedy kick Elderts".
on August 5,2013 | 01:16PM
olos73 wrote:
Just like how Perrine said he didn't see Deedy and Elderts fighting right in front of him.
on August 5,2013 | 02:16PM
Publicbraddah wrote:
She may have been looking elsewhere at that moment. All she said was she didn't see him kick Elderts. A lot was going on at that time.
on August 5,2013 | 02:27PM
hanalei395 wrote:
"All she said was she didn't see him kick Elderts" .......And why she may have said that, was because she really doesn't want to get involved in this whole mess. .......... or ........... it was a "suggestion" from the defense.
on August 5,2013 | 03:03PM
lynnh wrote:
Just be quiet already. You are so blind and all you care about is hanging someone from the mainland for killing a local boy, no matter how much he deserved it.
on August 5,2013 | 08:22PM
Mei mei wrote:
or her view may have been blocked... she is a little woman.
on August 5,2013 | 04:47PM
lynnh wrote:
And she most likely was the only one there, that close, that wasn't drinking or on drugs.
on August 5,2013 | 08:21PM
HawaiiCheeseBall wrote:
Acquittal. Pau already, all we need to wait for is the excuses from the prosecutor and the "we only lost a battle not the war" speech from the Elders supporters.
on August 5,2013 | 01:20PM
Fred01 wrote:
Elderts has supporters? Shameful.
on August 5,2013 | 01:27PM
HawaiiCheeseBall wrote:
Family, friends, 2nd grade teacher, you know....
on August 5,2013 | 02:23PM
luvshawaii wrote:
So, in cheeseball and fred's opinion, killing someone cause he's local is okay. He deserved it, he's local, he's a punk, obvious troublemaker. Death by gun, slander was what he deserved, according to you guys. Deedy gets to live on, he's cool, he doesn't deserve prison, did what was right. That's your justice? Really? Really?
on August 5,2013 | 04:35PM
lynnh wrote:
Yes
on August 5,2013 | 08:23PM
Mypualani wrote:
Nah lynn Deedy's life is done as he knows it, your hatred of locals is very telling that's fine, I could careless. after Deedy gets convicted his jOB IS HISTORY! GET IT?
on August 6,2013 | 01:11AM
Anonymous wrote:
lol, lynn. You took the bait with your uncontesting response. There goes your credibility.
on August 6,2013 | 01:41AM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
Deedy could have handled the situation better but Eldert's played a big part in causing his own death. He started the problem in the first place by hassling the haole guy.
on August 5,2013 | 09:53PM
sailfish1 wrote:
You're reading too much in what people are saying. Nobody said what you are saying.
on August 5,2013 | 09:54PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
Fred01 wrote: "Elderts has supporters? Shameful."

I don't support Elderts, nor do I hate Deedy.

I support the law. I don't think that just because someone works as a federal agent, that they can can liquored up on their off time, threaten to kill and kick a stranger who wasn't representing a threat to anyone, and then when they find themselves in a fight going bady, pull out a concealed weapon and shoot them.

I don't care if Deedy was drunk or not. I don't care if he flashed his badge or not. I care that he acted like privileged bully and that his terrible judgement and awful decisions cost a man his life.


on August 5,2013 | 04:35PM
solobiker1 wrote:
I think you got it right . I am not sure the jury will.
on August 5,2013 | 04:50PM
kelbells34 wrote:
My thoughts EXACTLY! Well, there should be policies for tox screens on suspected or in this case, FELONS who CONFESSED to the murder. Especially, right after the murder AND in this case, the alcohol level was one of the most important factors. Which is now left for the witnesses to GUESS and the jury to decide who to believe. I have contacted CNN because I feel there is a NEED for this case to be aired throughout the nation. The reoccurring issue of Off-Duty Officers carrying while drinking NEEDS to be RESOLVED. One day it could be you or your child who crosses paths with a Deedy, Zimmerman, or the following.....2011..............An off-duty Nassau County police officer unlawfully shot and beat an unarmed cabdriver in Huntington Station after a night of drinking in 2011, according to an NCPD Internal Affairs Unit report....2011.........The off-duty Baltimore police officer who shot and killed a Marine outside a Mount Vernon nightclub had been drinking, prosecutors said two city police sergeants are prepared to testify at the officer's murder trial.................An off-duty Chicago police officer who fired the most shots of five cops involved in the 2005 death of Emmanuel Lopez was drinking before he became involved in a car chase that led to the fatal gunfire.......2007..................The alcohol issue is back for the police department, with public officials and family members of a man who was shot by an off-duty officer clamoring for answers this week to speculation that the officer's 19-hour delay in turning himself in could be because he was drunk at the time........2013...............Off-Duty Cop Charged With Murder in Road Rage Shooting........2012............UPDATE: Off-Duty Federal Officer Kills Fellow Officer In Modesto Bar Incident......................POINT IS...There are so many incidents and NOTHING is being done!
on August 5,2013 | 06:32PM
lynnh wrote:
If you care about the law then you need to stop passing judgement when you are not on the jury and do not have the all the evidence. In this country it is innocent until "proven" guilty. That is the law that are so fragrantly ignoring. The only terrible judgement is a local punk that thought he was above the law, as he has proven on several occasions. and believed it was his right to go around picking on people. He deserved exactly what he got.
on August 5,2013 | 08:27PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
lynnh wrote: "The only terrible judgement is a local punk that thought he was above the law, as he has proven on several occasions. and believed it was his right to go around picking on people. He deserved exactly what he got."

So you don't think ignoring the State Dept's policy on waiting 6 hours after drinking to go armed and taking a gun and knife with you for a night of drinking in Waikiki wasn't terrible judgement?

What about confronting a seated man who no one in this trial has testified was representing a threat to anyone?

What about threatening to shoot the seated man and then kicking him when he stands on?

What about realizing that the fight you just started is going badly? What do you think about pulling out a pistol and shooting at the man you just threatened to kill and kicked as he gets ready to hit you back?

Does that sound like good judgement to you?


on August 5,2013 | 08:54PM
Mypualani wrote:
lynnh wrote: If you care about the law then you need to stop passing judgement when you are not on the jury and do not have the all the evidence. In this country it is innocent until "proven" guilty. That is the law that are so fragrantly ignoring. The only terrible judgement is a local punk that thought he was above the law, as he has proven on several occasions. and believed it was his right to go around picking on people. He deserved exactly what he got. eh LOLO are you not judging? a dead man, got news for you Deedy is on trial not the local punk, as for you. You deserve exactly what you got. and what might that be? all that ugly you got in you.
on August 6,2013 | 01:34AM
kelbells34 wrote:
lynnh...Did you even read what I posted? It's about OFF-DUTY OFFICERS DRINKING AND CARRYING and TOX SCREENING A KILLER WHO JUST CONFESSED TO THE SHOOTING (NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE). Get it straight. Those are not JUDGEMENTS....Those issues are the FACTS stated by the people involved.
on August 6,2013 | 07:15AM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
Eldert's terrible decision cost him his life. You don't fight with an armed federal agent unless you want to get shot or are really stupi*
on August 5,2013 | 09:56PM
Mypualani wrote:
"support the law. I don't think that just because someone works as a federal agent, that they can get liquored up on their off time, threaten to kill and kick a stranger who wasn't representing a threat to anyone, and then when they find themselves in a fight going badly, pull out a concealed weapon and shoot them." I guess this is too hard for some to digest let alone chew on. But it is what it is, I am not an Elderts fan but I am a fan of the laws that we have in place and for this "special agent" to think that he was justified in what he did is simply ludicrous and plain wrong. Even his defense is full of holes I hope he does get on the stand. So that he can explain to the court, why he thought it was okay to threaten, assault and kill an un-armed man.
on August 6,2013 | 01:28AM
Mypualani wrote:
Deedy has supports that is shameful and embarrassing.
on August 6,2013 | 01:05AM
Kailuaraised wrote:
It's beginning to appear to be a complete waste of time and resources.
on August 5,2013 | 01:29PM
WooWoo wrote:
Kaneshiro had to try because he has to run for re-election. He knew he would lose, so he didn't handle the case himself. Look back at Carlisle's time as the prosecutor. He made sure that he was in the courtroom for high-profile, slam-dunk cases. High profile, but might lose cases? Give that to deputy. Same thing going on right now. If Kaneshiro thought he could win, he would have taken the case himself and been on news every.single.day.
on August 5,2013 | 01:39PM
Mythman wrote:
You got that right Woo Woo
on August 5,2013 | 02:13PM
inverse wrote:
Like Bugs Bunny would say; WooWoo is wight wight.
on August 5,2013 | 02:39PM
luvshawaii wrote:
Stupid comments by stupid people.
on August 5,2013 | 04:36PM
kumasachi wrote:
Like Fooling You says Woo Woo is Kook Ko and KUSAI.
on August 5,2013 | 06:44PM
s_and_b wrote:
didn't appear drunk...but heavily sunburned?
on August 5,2013 | 01:23PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
Looks like self defense to me.
on August 5,2013 | 01:30PM
Anonymous wrote:
Kailuaraised wrote: "Looks like self defense to me."

As I recall, it's looked like self defense to you since the opening arguments.

How was going over to Deedy, threatening to kill him, kicking him, and then pulling a concealed weapon when he found himself in the middle of the fight he just started "self defense?"


on August 5,2013 | 03:22PM
Anonymous wrote:
I have no idea why my posts are suddenly showing up as "Anonymous." This is your old pal Kalaheo1
on August 5,2013 | 03:57PM
RetiredWorking wrote:
Kalaheo, you need to login again.
on August 5,2013 | 04:18PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
RetiredWorking wrote: "Kalaheo, you need to login again."

Thank you! I did that and it fixed it! ALOHA!!!


on August 5,2013 | 04:25PM
lynnh wrote:
Because SA is sick of seeing your name and the bull that comes out of your mouth.
on August 5,2013 | 08:31PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
lynnh wrote: "Because SA is sick of seeing your name and the bull that comes out of your mouth."

No, RetiredWorking was right, it was matter of logging in and back out.

And please, if you catch me saying anything incorrect, you are doing everyone, including me, a favor if you point it out. But please be specific.


on August 5,2013 | 08:58PM
lynnh wrote:
It has not be proven one way or the other that Deedy threaten to kill him.
on August 5,2013 | 08:30PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
lynnh wrote: "It has not be proven one way or the other that Deedy threaten to kill him."

You bring up an interesting point.

The two United States Marines testified that they heard Deedy threatening to shoot Elderts.

Oddly, none of the defense witnesses testified that they recalled ANY of Deedy's dialogue. How strange is that?


on August 5,2013 | 09:00PM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
And yet Eldert's continued to argue with Deedy. If a cop told you to back off or get shot .... what would you do? Back off right. If Eldert's had any common sense, he would still be alive.
on August 5,2013 | 10:01PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
saywhatyouthink wrote: "And yet Eldert's continued to argue with Deedy. If a cop told you to back off or get shot .... what would you do? Back off right."

Even if Deedy did flash his federal ID... which no one saw happen but his fellow drunken brawler's girlfriend... "back off or get shot" IS terroristic threatening.

Don't forget that Ellderts was seated and Deedy approached him.


on August 5,2013 | 10:09PM
Mypualani wrote:
So what Deedy went over to Elderts, Back off or get shot? the guy was sitting down waiting with an irritating smile remember? How could Elderts have common sense? he was drunk and under the influence of Cannabis and cocaine right? The person who was short on common sense was Deedy. That's all
on August 6,2013 | 01:43AM
Mypualani wrote:
West heard sounds and different volume at times. She is no better than Medeiros oh and her severely beaten boy friend, so severe the Hospital released him. I noticed both he and West tried to testify that Elderts may have had a gun. Too much!
on August 6,2013 | 01:40AM
Mypualani wrote:
IRT Anonymous : LOL because it's not self defense. Get it?
on August 6,2013 | 01:36AM
hanalei395 wrote:
"Looks like self defense to me" ........It WILL BE self defense for Deedy ..... in either OCCC or Halawa.
on August 5,2013 | 07:13PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
What poster will be the first person to say that she wasn't looking and couldn't see that Deedy started it so her testimony should not count?
on August 5,2013 | 01:31PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
Kailuaraised wrote: "What poster will be the first person to say that she wasn't looking and couldn't see that Deedy started it so her testimony should not count?"

Oh, I think her testimony should definitely count.

She testified that she thought Deedy was sober. You know who didn't think that Deedy was sober? The guy who refused to take the test that would show EXACTLY how drunk he was.

Deedy obviously thought he was drunk or he would have taken the test to help demonstrate that he was in control of himself and wasn't impaired. He refused to demonstrate his sobriety and hampered the investigation.

She testified that at the time she saw Deedy approach Elderts, Elderts was smiling in an irritating fashion.

She DIDN'T testify that Eldert's was an immediate threat and she DIDN'T testify that she heard Elderts threaten anyone and she DIDN'T testify that Deedy identified himself as a police officer. All she testified to was that Elderts was being loud and after Deedy approached him things escalated quickly. She apparently didn't see Deedy's first strike with a kick, but fortunately, the camera caught it.

She did testify that after Deedy got involved, she sensed that things were going to get violent and she asked Deedy and Elberts to take it outside.


on August 5,2013 | 04:53PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
You keep posting nonsense. You do realize that Deedy refusing to take a breath test is his constitutional right? You may like giving up your rights for no reason at all, but smart people who are under arrest don't talk without a lawyer. It's not against the law no matter how unethical you think it is. And sorry, but someone who was there said "Soriano testified today that Deedy did not start the “rumble.” She said it was started by Elderts and his friend, Shane Medeiros." I'm sure the jury will listen heavily to her testimony since it's about as unbiased and sober you could get given the circumstances.
on August 5,2013 | 05:49PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
Well, to fair, she testified that Eldert started the fight BECAUSE she also testified that she missed seeing Deedy's kick that REALLY started things.

And refusing a breathalyzer or to speak without a lawyer present isn't how a federal agent acts after using deadly force, but it is how a drunken criminal would act.


on August 5,2013 | 06:17PM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
The problem started long before the kick came, in fact it started before Deedy even entered the McDonald's. Elderts and Medeiros were picking on a tourist and trying to start trouble with someone they knew they could take. They should have swallowed their pride and left when Deedy told him to back off.
on August 5,2013 | 10:06PM
Mypualani wrote:
Um say what you think, sorry Deedy and his friends were already in the McDonalds before the two local punks. And Perrine is not a tourist he lived here. Pay attention
on August 6,2013 | 01:47AM
Kailuaraised wrote:
That's nonsense. You think that's how a drunken criminal would act because you will do anything to convict Deedy. The law is clearly written that it is not against the law to drink and carry.
on August 6,2013 | 01:41AM
Mypualani wrote:
But it is against the law to threaten / terrorize , kick (Assault) and pull out a concealed gun and shot an unarmed human being, and kill them yeah that pretty much sums it up. There is no defense in Deedy's defense.
on August 6,2013 | 02:14AM
loquaciousone wrote:
Prosecutors overcharge in cases like this because they can. If it were an all or nothing verdict, the more appropriate charge would have been manslaughter. Prosecutor's have the option of including manslaughter as an alternate verdict if they feel that they haven't met the burden of proof of murder beyond a reasonable doubt. In other words, the prosecutors get two bites of the apple.
on August 5,2013 | 01:40PM
Shh wrote:
If the security guard saw what was going on then why didn't she try to stop the fight? She calls herself a security guard? Maybe she could of called HPD as well.
on August 5,2013 | 01:48PM
loquaciousone wrote:
What exactly are the duties and responsibilities or a low paid security guard? Do you know?
on August 5,2013 | 02:19PM
Publicbraddah wrote:
Wear a nifty uniform and almost real badge.
on August 5,2013 | 02:30PM
loquaciousone wrote:
There you go and never take the crease out of your uniform and mess up your nails.
on August 5,2013 | 02:50PM
lookup wrote:
She was so scared at the time she could not even use her radio to call HPD. Was she even sure which one of the white guys is Deedy?
on August 5,2013 | 02:21PM
Publicbraddah wrote:
She's a 55 year old woman. You expect her to stop a fight? But she could have called 911 and ask for police.
on August 5,2013 | 02:29PM
localguy wrote:
Some facts from the court so far: Deedy was a physically weak and poorly trained in how to handle a person trying to resist a law enforcement officer. His supervisor failed to ensure he met standards. Had Deedy been properly trained he would have no need to fall back on his weapon and kill Elderts. Elderts may not have been an "Honor Child" but he did not deserve to be shot to death in a McDonalds by a "Rent a Cop" named Deedy.
on August 5,2013 | 01:51PM
Fred01 wrote:
Sounds to me like Elderts may have deserved it.
on August 5,2013 | 02:01PM
lookup wrote:
@Fred01...are you a desendant of Hitler or what? A person who was meerly being a wise A@# deserves to be killed by someone who has no authority in the situation and is such a coward that he could not go up and up in a fight that he started.
on August 5,2013 | 02:16PM
hanalei395 wrote:
Fred is harmless. In fact, he's now funny. And after being slapped around by a local, he feels he is now getting revenge.
on August 5,2013 | 02:41PM
GONEGOLFIN wrote:
I've got an idea. Let's suppose we take the color out of things and look at this from a neutral observer standpoint. Go over the evidence and the tesitmony the witnesses are giving, what is your outcome now? Looks like you have a couple over over-indulgent men, making trouble with customers at a McD's, asked to calm down by a federal officer, then they allow the alcohol to control the outcome of the situation. Fact is, alcohol will make you do stupid things no matter what your skin color is-would you say that is a fair assessment?
on August 5,2013 | 03:17PM
RetiredWorking wrote:
Almost totally agree, GONE. It has not been proven that the locals knew they were dealing with a federal officer.
on August 5,2013 | 04:22PM
Mypualani wrote:
@lookup Fred AKA all lies gets a sick satisfaction from saying things that may get people upset, this thing feeds on negative energy much like an emotional vampire, it is evil and vile and very sick. "do not feed the animals"that sign? the more you feed this thing the more it keeps posting absurd and ridiculous things.
on August 5,2013 | 02:55PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
Deedy is a federal law Officer with deployments to Iraq. He's more than properly trained. He's a far stretch from "rent-a-cop".
on August 5,2013 | 02:51PM
Anonymous wrote:
Kailuaraised wrote: "Deedy is a federal law Officer with deployments to Iraq. He's more than properly trained. He's a far stretch from "rent-a-cop"."

I don't think anyone is questioning Deedy's training to investigate passport fraud or act as a bodyguard for for diplomats. I'm sure he's well trained for that.

Unfortunately, he ignored the part of training that covered not drinking while carrying a gun. Sadly, he apparently had zero training dealing with the sort of issues that our HPD officers deal with daily and his poor judgement and inexperience after a long night of drinking resulted in the shooting death of an unarmed man who by ALL accounts was not threatening anyone.


on August 5,2013 | 03:42PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
I have no idea why my posts are suddenly showing up as "Anonymous." This is your old pal Kalaheo1
on August 5,2013 | 04:21PM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
Deedy is a DSS agent, similar in responsibilities to a secret service agent and a very difficult job to get.
on August 5,2013 | 10:21PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
saywhatyouthink wrote: "Deedy is a DSS agent, similar in responsibilities to a secret service agent and a very difficult job to get."

And exactly the sort of federal agent you want investigating passport fraud or counterfeiting or possibly acting as a bodyguard for a diplomat. They coordinate heavily with other agencies and with each other.

But acting like there's a new sheriff in town after a night out drinking and going all "Chuck Norris/Lone Wolf McQuad" on some guy with a "bad attitude"? Sorry, that behavior belongs in the movies and on TV.


on August 5,2013 | 11:09PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
Once again, you're ignorant about what DSS agents do. They attend an intense police academy. Deedy had far more training then you're average HPD rookie.
on August 6,2013 | 01:43AM
Mypualani wrote:
Kailuaraised wrote: Once again, you're ignorant about what DSS agents do. They attend an intense police academy. Deedy had far more training then you're average HPD rookie. So why did he break policy and go drinking with his gun? why commit criminal acts? since he's so trained up? If what this so called trained agent is far more trained than your average HPD, why oh why did he pull a gun in a fist/kick fight? why did he threaten to shoot someone in the face? is this part of their training? or maybe this Deedy guy thought he was in another country where he can get away with these kinds of acts. Hawaii of the united states, and we have laws to adhere to, not for just your average person, but for special agents too. Righteous shoot!!! nothing righteous about what he did that night.
on August 6,2013 | 02:29AM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
Kailuaraised wrote: "Once again, you're ignorant about what DSS agents do. They attend an intense police academy. Deedy had far more training then you're average HPD rookie."

I'm sure DSS agents study a lot more about passport fraud and protecting diplomats than "your average HPD rookie."

But "your average HPD rookie" has a training officer that tried with that adds real world, on the job, training on how to deal with the day to day issues and challenges of being an HPD officer.

Just like I wouldn't expect a HPD rookie to be particularly adept at coordinating with other federal, state and local agencies to investigate passport fraud or protecting a diplomat , I wouldn't expect a off duty DSS agent to be particularly adept at enforcing the rules of politeness in a McDonalds filled with drunk customers without making a complete mess of things.


on August 6,2013 | 03:24AM
Mypualani wrote:
Well he's not going to have his job after the trial. Once convicted of a felony, your job goes bye bye. I am not talking about the murder 2, I am Talking about his criminal act of terroristic threatening. How Ironic this hero is supposed to be protecting this country from terrorist and he's one himself. Mean da dope.
on August 6,2013 | 02:21AM
8082062424 wrote:
Actions speak louder then words. And his actions that night speak for them selves
on August 5,2013 | 04:12PM
Shh wrote:
If you ask me, I think it is worse if Deedy was sober when he killed Elderts. It would prove that he is really inexperienced. Also, with her saying that Deedy did not appear to be drunk, does not mean he wasn't drunk. It just means to her Deedy didn't appear to be drunk.
on August 5,2013 | 01:54PM
lookup wrote:
I agree Shh...if deedy wasn't drunk then it should be Murder II. How come a Fed agent carries a gun but no hand cuffs and the Badge was not shown as an I.D. but was he even carrying it...no mention of that. @ localguy...you right ...physically weak and poor training.
on August 5,2013 | 02:11PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
Someone already testified he showed a badge. You Elderts supporters will do anything to convict Deedy.
on August 5,2013 | 02:52PM
Anonymous wrote:
Kailuaraised wrote: "Someone already testified he showed a badge. You Elderts supporters will do anything to convict Deedy."

"Someone?" Uh, the someone was the girlfriend of former fraternity brother and fellow drunken brawler, Jennifer West. I can't believe you really forgot who that "someone" was!

Do you know who else besides Deedy's best buddy's girlfriend saw him identify himself as a State Dept agent? No one.


on August 5,2013 | 03:52PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
One is all it takes for someone on the jury to believe it.
on August 5,2013 | 05:50PM
Mypualani wrote:
wishful thinking.
on August 6,2013 | 02:33AM
8082062424 wrote:
His friend Gf stated he showed a badge so far she the only one
on August 5,2013 | 04:13PM
username_required wrote:
I thought the gal testified that he opened his wallet for Elderts, but that she couldn't see if it was a badge. Maybe it was his McD's Arch card.
on August 5,2013 | 08:04PM
umanasibo wrote:
Or maybe he was flashing his Virgina license and daring Elderts to call him a haole?
on August 5,2013 | 10:35PM
Mypualani wrote:
I AM NOT AN ELDERTS! I support the laws that we have here, and your boy Deedy broke a few of them. Where is the responsibility on Deedy's part, Elderts paid with his life for his foolish actions that night, so now it's Deedy's turn.
on August 6,2013 | 02:32AM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
He's as experienced as a 28 year old could be. Eldert's has a history of resisting police and assaulting innocent people.
on August 5,2013 | 10:23PM
rs56657 wrote:
So we've already established that...Deedy is 29 years old...Elderts was 23 years old...Deedy was here to help provide security for the Asia-Pacific Economic Conference...the event occurred at the Kuhio McDonalds...blah blah blah...I've been reading the same thing in the paper for 5 weeks.
on August 5,2013 | 02:11PM
Mythman wrote:
My, my the "inexperienced and drunk" agent from the mainland here to assert dominance over an occupied kingdom of Hawaii might not have done all the terrible things he has been accused of doing? What a shocking thought.
on August 5,2013 | 02:12PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
Mythman wrote: "My, my the "inexperienced and drunk" agent from the mainland here to assert dominance over an occupied kingdom of Hawaii might not have done all the terrible things he has been accused of doing? What a shocking thought."

I wouldn't be too quick to buy Mr Deedy that plane ticket back home just yet.

The security guard may not have thought Deedy was drunk, but do you know who did? The guy who refused to take the test that would show EXACTLY how drunk he was.

Deedy obviously thought he was drunk or he would have taken the test to help demonstrate that he was in control of himself and wasn't impaired. He refused to demonstrate his sobriety and hampered the investigation.

Elderts, being shot dead by Deedy and laying in the morgue, wasn't in position to object to his blood being tested.


on August 5,2013 | 04:04PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
Don't forget the ER doc also thought he was not drunk. That's two people.
on August 5,2013 | 04:18PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
Kailuaraised wrote: "Don't forget the ER doc also thought he was not drunk. That's two people."

Yeah, but the ER doctor didn't see him until hours after the incident.

And to be honest, while I don't think it matters if Deedy was legally drunk while he was making those terrible decisions and showing horrible judgement, I think it matters that Deedy thought he was drunk. Not submitting to the sobriety test was probably the final bad decision of the night.


on August 5,2013 | 04:29PM
WooWoo wrote:
Kalaheo, it doesn't work that way in a court of law (of course you can hold whatever opinions you want). By your logic, if a police officer comes to your house and says, "I don't have a warrant, but I would like to come into your home and search it for drugs," and you say, "Hell no, you have no right to come into my house without a warrant," then you are as good as guilty. Doesn't work that way in a court of law. Deedy's refusal to take a sobriety test cannot be used against him.
on August 5,2013 | 04:45PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
WooWoo wrote: "Kalaheo, it doesn't work that way in a court of law (of course you can hold whatever opinions you want). By your logic, if a police officer comes to your house and says, "I don't have a warrant, but I would like to come into your home and search it for drugs," and you say, "Hell no, you have no right to come into my house without a warrant," then you are as good as guilty. Doesn't work that way in a court of law. Deedy's refusal to take a sobriety test cannot be used against him."

Thank you for your courteous reply. I understand his right against self incrimination but also appreciate the reminder. I've also noticed that the people who don't want to incriminate themselves are frequently criminals :)

I don't think he was acting like a Federal Agent who had just used deadly force in the commission of his duties. I think he was acting like guy who had too much liquid courage and got himself into a bad spot.

Do you know if the jury will ever be told that he was offered the opportunity to demonstrate his sobriety and declined?


on August 5,2013 | 05:02PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
It doesn't matter if he was acting in capacity of an agent or not. The case hinges on if he was using his weapon in self defense. With testimony that Elderts was on top of him, video of Elderts charging Deedy a second time, and now the security guard saying Elderts was starting it, it looks like a case of him getting acquitted.
on August 5,2013 | 05:52PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
Kailuaraised wrote: "It doesn't matter if he was acting in capacity of an agent or not. The case hinges on if he was using his weapon in self defense. With testimony that Elderts was on top of him, video of Elderts charging Deedy a second time, and now the security guard saying Elderts was starting it, it looks like a case of him getting acquitted."

To be fair, she also testified that she didn't hear what Deedy was saying to Elderts -- Two United States Marines testified that they heard Deedy threatening to shoot him.

She also didn't see Deedy deliver the kick that started the fight. Fortunately the video caught it, as did Deedy's account of the events. Even Deedy admits he struck the first blow: http://www.deedysupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Brook-Hart-memo-26-34.pdf

Having missed that Kick, it is only natural that she mistake Elderts response for starting the fight.

Elderts may have been on top of Deedy as he died, but Deedy drew his weapon and started shooting to KILL HIM as Elderts was standing in front of him. The fact that Deedy was a terrible shot and took three shots to kill him shouldn't be a defense. And let's not forget that Elderts probably quite reasonably feared for HIS life.


on August 5,2013 | 08:24PM
Publicbraddah wrote:
Deedy was smart in not taking the breathalyzer test. We know he had drinks as did Elderts. We just don't know the level of alcohol in his system to determine if he was legally drunk. It'll all come down to the video and witness not related to either man.
on August 5,2013 | 02:33PM
alba66 wrote:
Why was my comment censored out?
on August 5,2013 | 02:47PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
alba66 wrote: "Why was my comment censored out?"

Because you used a banned word. It doesn't mean it was "bad" word, just a word that they didn't want you to write. For example, for long time, you could write the name of this paper (REALLY!) without it being sent into the black hole.

Try to copy your comment before you hit submit OR hit undo after it disappears into the black hole and try to guess what word triggered it and change the word. Usually it's a word related to violence, religion or ethnicity, even if that's not how you were using it.

Above all, don't take it personally. Hope that helps.


on August 5,2013 | 04:11PM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
I've noticed even the word "haole" is censored.
on August 5,2013 | 10:28PM
roxeee wrote:
I'm curious to know if she witnessed the shooting. I'm guessing she will be called back tomorrow?
on August 5,2013 | 03:29PM
8082062424 wrote:
she did not witness the shooting when they began to argue she stepped out side to call her supervisor then 911
on August 5,2013 | 04:15PM
jess wrote:
Is this the same security guard who did absolutely nothing to stop the argument. Why hire security if they just watch?
on August 5,2013 | 03:31PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
They become a liability if they get involved. They're job is to call the cops or tell people to leave.
on August 5,2013 | 03:38PM
xxNOTxx wrote:
She never did her job which was to report it to or better yet call 911, but maybe that's too much to ask for from her---although at times through out the video it seems that she fumbling with what appears to be a phone.
on August 5,2013 | 03:59PM
xxNOTxx wrote:
Reported by another news agency is that she called her supervisor and then stepped outside to call 911. She also testified she heard 4 gunshots.
on August 5,2013 | 04:12PM
jess wrote:
Then why even have a security guard? At least have an intimidating security guard, not some lady who looks like my mom.
on August 5,2013 | 05:30PM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
A visible deterrent to trouble, that's all. They'll issue verbal orders and call police, that's it.
on August 5,2013 | 10:30PM
kainalu wrote:
If I'm the prosecution, I hammer in the fact that there was a Security Guard present - no need for Deedy to intervene.
on August 5,2013 | 04:16PM
Mythman wrote:
Agent Deedy did not know there was security present, or did he and if so how did he know? Face it, the prosecutors case, if there ever really was a case, is not in good shape and it looks like the agent is not going to get the shaft as some would like to see happen to assuage their own hate or to fortify the civil law suit for compensation from the feds to the poor family of the dead perp, or incipient perp. Or was he, the perp, guilty of assaulting a federal officer when he died?
on August 5,2013 | 04:48PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
Mythman wrote: "Agent Deedy did not know there was security present, or did he and if so how did he know?"

Well, aside from SEEING HER standing there in that tiny McDonalds, he also had the occasion to notice her when she walked over and told Deedy and Elderts that if they were going to start something they needed to take it outside.

And Elderts is NOT the "perp." He is the victim. There is no law that says that you have to allow yourself to be verbally and violently abused by a guy if he shows you a federal ID card.


on August 5,2013 | 05:06PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
But there is a law against fighting them.
on August 5,2013 | 06:11PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
Kailuaraised wrote: "But there is a law against fighting them."

Well to be fair, there are also laws against assault and terroristic threatening, but that didn't stop Deedy that night.

And there's no law that says you can't defend yourself if someone... even if they happen to work as federal agent with the State Dept... threatens your life and assaults you.


on August 5,2013 | 08:28PM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
Strange that you should mention that,.... I understand Eldert's has a history of assault, threats and resisting arrest.
on August 5,2013 | 10:36PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
saywhatyouthink wrote: "Strange that you should mention that,.... I understand Eldert's has a history of assault, threats and resisting arrest."

Elderts has a two previous arrests. One for DUI and one for disorderly conduct. Making stuff up about a dead man isn't very nice.

On the bright side, at least you willing to admit that assault and threats are bad things. Why on earth do you think they're okay of the perpetrator has a glossy federal ID in his wallet?


on August 5,2013 | 11:30PM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
I read that he was arrested for disorderly conduct because he was drunk and failed to follow the instructions of a Police officer. Sounds like he has no respect for authority.
on August 6,2013 | 12:08AM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
True, It's not against the law to be an a**hole but anyone with common sense would not argue or fight with an armed federal agent who threatens to shoot you. You walk away and live on to hassle different Haol* guys another day.
on August 5,2013 | 10:34PM
Anonymous wrote:
Myth, how would he know if there was security present? Umm, the guard is a person with the uniform which says "Security". I could see that clearly in the video.
on August 6,2013 | 01:55AM
Kailuaraised wrote:
Why does it matter? Deedy has authority even if he is off duty. The security guard has no powers over the average person. Her job is to call police or tell people to leave.
on August 5,2013 | 06:12PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
Kailuaraised wrote: "Why does it matter? Deedy has authority even if he is off duty."

Just what "Authoritah" do you think DSS agent Deedy had that night? Was Elderts committing passport fraud? Threatening the safety of a diplomat? In fact NO ONE in this trial has testified that Elderts ever threatened anyone. And NO ONE in this trial has testified that Elderts represented an imminent threat or ANY threat to anyone that night.

So, was Deedy arresting Elderts? On what charge?


on August 5,2013 | 08:33PM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
What's with the passport fraud comment?? He's not a TSA or border patrol agent, he's a diplomatic services security agent which is similar to secret service agent.
on August 5,2013 | 10:41PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
saywhatyouthink wrote: "What's with the passport fraud comment?? He's not a TSA or border patrol agent, he's a diplomatic services security agent which is similar to secret service agent."

The DSS investigates passport fraud, just like the Secret Service investigates currency counterfeiting. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomatic_Security_Service#Passport_and_visa_fraud


on August 5,2013 | 11:19PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
"Just what "Authoritah" do you think DSS agent Deedy had that night?" Well, given that he is a federal agent, he has the authority that any police officer has. Would you argue that a homicide detective can't get involved in other conflicts when he's off duty because that's not his expertise?
on August 6,2013 | 01:47AM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
Kailuaraised wrote: "Just what "Authoritah" do you think DSS agent Deedy had that night?" Well, given that he is a federal agent, he has the authority that any police officer has. Would you argue that a homicide detective can't get involved in other conflicts when he's off duty because that's not his expertise?"

You are getting a little circular my friend. What "authoritah" do you you think Deedy had that night? What law was he enforcing when he approached Elderts and threatened to shoot him and them kicked him?

What "conflict" was he getting involved in? Keep I. Mind that the defense's own witness did not become concerned about a fight breaking out until AFTER Deedy walked over to the seated Elderts. The defense's witness also testified that she didn't see or hear Deedy identify himself as a federal agent. She clearly thought he was spoiling for a fight because she asked Deedy and Elderts to take it outside.


on August 6,2013 | 03:34AM
51butterflies wrote:
Security guard should have called HPD,if she felt there was a problem. I don't find her to be a credible witness.
on August 5,2013 | 04:42PM
pro populus wrote:
Soriano's interest in this case is that Deedy be acquitted, then the civil suit against her Security company will be weaker i.e. she's lying to protect her job and her company, sooooo as long as she can make Deedy look "reasonable," then her failure to do her job correctly (by calling the cops earlier and intervening) won't be so disastrous.
on August 5,2013 | 05:21PM
Nalukai wrote:
That's amazing pro-popu !! You must be a prophet or a psychic or maybe even an i*d*i o*t !!!
on August 5,2013 | 05:53PM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
warped view, there's no liability on the security company or McD's.
on August 5,2013 | 10:42PM
Anonymous wrote:
say, we live in a litigious society. People and businesses have been sued for much less. McD's Corp. might settle out of court to prevent bad publicity. We'll see what happens after Deedy's trial.
on August 6,2013 | 02:00AM
Shaka_Braddah wrote:
Deedy should have mind his own business or call the cops. Instead he wanted to be the hero and decided to confront Elderts. If you can't mind your own business you better be ready for scrap, especially when dealing with an intoxicated person which is what happened here. He had another chance to call the cops when Elderts started getting aggressive with him. All he had to do was walk away and call HPD. Don't get me wrong...Elderts was being a punk. Typical local boy punk action that happens way too often. The difference is that most people faced with this situation will walk away, call the cops, or fight it out. Normal people don't pull out a gun and settle it their way.
on August 5,2013 | 05:38PM
Kailuaraised wrote:
You're forgetting that Deedy is a cop. Why should he have to call HPD?
on August 5,2013 | 06:13PM
pro populus wrote:
because he was off duty and had been drinking, plus, what's the harm of having uniformed local police on their way?
on August 5,2013 | 06:18PM
Anonymous wrote:
Kailuar, nothing wrong with an out-of-state off-duty law enforcement officer calling for backup from the local authorities. That would be most prudent.
on August 6,2013 | 02:03AM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
It's been my experience that law enforcement agents or cops do not "walk away" as you say from trouble. It was Eldert's who should have walked away. He also has a criminal history of assault and resisting arrest, I doubt Deedy as any criminal record at all.
on August 5,2013 | 10:45PM
false wrote:
It's like statistics, find the right people and you can tell the story anyway you want. Sad.
on August 5,2013 | 06:04PM
truelies wrote:
Bottom line, the guard wsa too drunk to establish her right from her left, green card puppet.
on August 5,2013 | 06:24PM
patk wrote:
We definitely need a lot LESS irresponsible bully p u n k s in this world. Therefore, we need a lot MORE Deedy's. Case closed.
on August 5,2013 | 07:16PM
hanalei395 wrote:
If you say so. But the FIRST Deedy WILL BE in either OCCC or Halawa. Case closed.
on August 5,2013 | 08:20PM
Usagi336 wrote:
Don't know about that. I have been in situations with locals acting rowdy. Never been in one with an armed drunk willing to shoot up the place to protect his ego. Thank God nobody got hit by stray bullets. He should never have drawn his weapon. This guy is dangerous.
on August 5,2013 | 08:41PM
Mypualani wrote:
IRT Usagi336: yes why did special agent Deedy drew and fire his weapon? 3 times no less, why? because he feared for his life and those of others? Deedy had no fear when he threatened to shoot Elderts face, had no fear when he kicked Elderts. I got it now ! Elderts Slapped his face! that's right, if someone slaps your face you have the right to shoot that person. Deedy is dangerous he proved it that night when he drank alcohol while carrying a concealed weapon, yeah but he was not drunk.....
on August 6,2013 | 02:48AM
Anonymous wrote:
patk, a lot MORE Deedys that threaten to shoot people, kick them. kill them while off-duty and drinking, tarnish their careers and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars of taxpayers' $$ to prove themselves innocent? Really?
on August 6,2013 | 02:08AM
bestreader wrote:
Been following this for a few weeks and it seems llike Deedy's side of what happened is beginning to look more believable when you compare it with the video. But, then there might be more video that is not shown yet.
on August 5,2013 | 07:52PM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
I've noticed even the word "haol*" is censored.
on August 5,2013 | 10:29PM
312guy wrote:
if I was on the Jury Deedy would be aquitted.on just the facts not making this a mainlander against a local just the facts.
on August 5,2013 | 11:11PM
Anonymous wrote:
Oooh, this is a tough call for the jury. Unsure how I'd find him as of now. Guilty or acquitted, Deedy has been paying the price, financially, emotionally, physically and career wise.
on August 6,2013 | 02:14AM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
saywhatyouthink wrote: "I've noticed even the word "haol*" is censored."

Then you should avoid using it. I'd hate to see a State Dept agent kick you and shoot you in the chest.


on August 5,2013 | 11:22PM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
No ...I have common sense.
on August 5,2013 | 11:51PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
saywhatyouthink wrote: "I doubt Deedy as any criminal record at all."

Check again after the jury comes back.


on August 5,2013 | 11:33PM
Mypualani wrote:
@ lynn why don't you be quiet already. Who are you? are you so blind that all you care about is some fed getting away with murder? bet you your tune would be real different if that was your loved one with a bullet in the chest laying on the slab.
on August 6,2013 | 01:03AM
false wrote:
Doubt it. He couldn't make it sound believable. What does the video say? What do the drinking tabs say? What does the dead say? Killing someone over "stink eye"! Is the world just plain s......d
on August 6,2013 | 05:03AM
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News