Quantcast

Sunday, July 27, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Electrical cord sparked fire that destroyed Pupukea home

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 03:12 p.m. HST, Aug 16, 2013



The fire in Pupukea Thursday that destroyed a home on Alapio Road and displaced nine people was caused by an electrical malfunction in the cord of a floor lamp, the Honolulu Fire Department said.

Fire investigators have classified the cause as accidental. 

The fire began in a second-floor bedroom and was sparked by the electrical malfunction in the cord of the lamp. In additiion to destroying the home, the fire also destroyed four vehicles, one pick up truck, two sedans, and a motorcycle.

Damage was estimated at $250,000 to the structure, $50,000 to the contents, and $70,000 for the four vehicles, fire officials said.

The fire was reported at 12:10 a.m. and firefighters were able to completely extinguish it by 8:13 a.m.

No one was injured. 






More From The Star-Advertiser

911 Report




 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Political Radar
On policy

Warrior Beat
Apple fallout

Wassup Wit Dat!
Can You Spock ‘Em?

Warrior Beat
Meal plan

Volley Shots
Fey, Enriques on MJNT

Political Radar
Wilhelmina Rise, et al.

Court Sense
Cold War