Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Print   Email   Comment | View 13 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Fight erupts in iPhone line at California Apple store

By Associated Press

LAST UPDATED: 08:26 a.m. HST, Sep 20, 2013

PASADENA, Calif. >> Police detained three people after a fight erupted outside a Pasadena, Calif., Apple Store where a crowd waited overnight for release of the new iPhone.

Police Lt. Jason Clawson says two men were arrested about 7:30 a.m. Friday after getting into a fistfight while in line along Colorado Boulevard. They face misdemeanor citations. It was unclear what the fight was about.

Clawson says a third man was placed on a 72-hour mental health hold after running into the street in an enraged state. Clawson says it appears the man may have been among several homeless men who were hired to buy iPhones for other customers.

Clawson says when the store ran out of the new smartphones, the homeless men didn't get paid and became upset.

No significant injuries were reported.

COMMENTS

Kealii wrote:
They still have lines for new iPhones? °o°
on September 20,2013 | 08:47AM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
Yeah cuz the next beeeeg ting Neva come true
on September 20,2013 | 09:42AM
GooglyMoogly wrote:
Was this the best photo? She looks thrilled with her phone. lol
on September 20,2013 | 09:03AM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
Well u know everything has a reason in life. If I was one Lion I no like Botha her maybe she having her dot (period).
on September 20,2013 | 09:44AM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
Btw I heard the 5S Neva come wit 128Gb, I wonda why?
on September 20,2013 | 09:46AM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
Also da lightning charger is still breaking at the connection point to an iPad or iPhone, so Apple wen u going fix dat, en until u fix em, no chahg us 19.95 for em OKAY ???
on September 20,2013 | 09:48AM
hnlstar808 wrote:
It's NOT worth it.....iPhone users, time to convert and join the Android market :)
on September 20,2013 | 10:12AM
hilopango wrote:
Yes! I'm very happy with my Android phone and can do without an Apple anything and their proprietary programming.
on September 20,2013 | 02:19PM
primo1 wrote:
Get a life people...
on September 20,2013 | 10:12AM
nodaddynotthebelt wrote:
Ah, entrepreneurism at it's worst.
on September 20,2013 | 12:18PM
lokela wrote:
Go Android...
on September 20,2013 | 01:46PM
64hoo wrote:
all this new high tech I phones are just a waste of time I stick with trac phone where I just buy my minutes don't need all this waste of time high tech phones. never learned to use them anyway. and don't want to.
on September 20,2013 | 01:51PM
You and me both. I pay Verizon for prepaid service at $100 per year. I'm lucky if use all $100 a year. I can buy in increment to the $100 limit. Seldom use it except to call home from wherever I am at or locate her in Costco, Macys and Nordstroms when with get separated. Have i-pad with retina screen and the wahine has the mini version. It serves us for what we do on the internet. Also have 2 laptops when at home. Don't Twit, and delete any messages from YouTube. Privcy issues are my concderns.
on September 20,2013 | 02:40PM