Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Print   Email   Comment | View 9 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Garbage truck driver seriously injured in crash with bus

By Star-Advertiser staff

LAST UPDATED: 04:54 a.m. HST, Nov 09, 2013

The 44-year-old driver of garbage truck was injured this afternoon when the truck rear-ended a school bus that contained only the driver in Kahaluu, according to an Emergency Medical Services report.

The man was taken in serious condition to a hospital after the crash on Kamehameha Highway near Wailehua Road about 3:45 p.m. The school bus driver was not injured.

COMMENTS

syhud wrote:
Well it was pau hana / aloha Friday. Probably was rushing to get back to town side. Drinks and pupu waiting at the yard.
on November 8,2013 | 08:00PM
palani wrote:
At least the Star-Advertiser got the facts rights. The City's Danielle Tucker was reporting the collison as between a dump truck and a tour bus. During my early morning drives down Kamehameha from Laie, I've seen plenty of recklessly speeding City garbage trucks, and I'm cruising along at 45-50 mph.
on November 9,2013 | 03:48AM
RetiredWorking wrote:
palani, you're speeding @ 45-50mph on that stretch. Speed limit is 35mph, sometimes less.
on November 9,2013 | 08:36AM
palani wrote:
I don't necessarily obey the recommended speed limit. Maintaining the existing traffic flow is safer for all, and 35 mph is definitely too slow. I still get passed by a lot of other drivers. Those driving slower should take TheBus.
on November 9,2013 | 09:04AM
SueH wrote:
It's not the "recommended speed limit", dufus! It's the LAW.
on November 9,2013 | 09:58AM
palani wrote:
As the same sex marriage proponents have argued, so was legalized slavery.
on November 9,2013 | 11:16AM
RetiredWorking wrote:
palani, what's that got to do with this article?
on November 9,2013 | 03:54PM
mikethenovice wrote:
I stay away from those tall vehicles. I let then do their business before I pass.
on November 9,2013 | 06:51AM
mikethenovice wrote:
My bus passes the refuse truck too on a one lane contra flow road. You can see me praying.
on November 9,2013 | 06:52AM