Quantcast

Thursday, July 31, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 17 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Man tries twice to sneak knife past TSA checkpoint at Honolulu Airport

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 04:24 p.m. HST, Jan 03, 2014


A man tried twice, unsuccessfully, to bring a multi-tool utility knife through a Transportation Security Administration checkpoint at the Honolulu Airport, according to the weekly TSA Blog.

The knife was detected at the checkpoint this week and the man was allowed to leave the area and place it in his checked bag. But when he returned to the security area, the knife was detected concealed inside a thermos, the TSA Blog said.

The blog did not say if the man was arrested or allowed to proceed to his flight without the knife.

TSA agents also detected an inert grenade at a Honolulu Airport checkpoint, one of three inert grenades and an inert 40 mm artillery shell discovered in carry-on luggage nationwide this week.

The TSA Blog urged passengers to examine their bags before going to the airport to ensure no prohibited items are inside.

Passengers caught with prohibited items could be cited or arrested.






 Print   Email   Comment | View 17 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(17)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
Oahuan wrote:
I sure hope the guy got arrested. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, Houston we got a problem. This could be some sort of trial run by the terrorist.
on January 3,2014 | 04:27PM
SteveToo wrote:
So what's wrong w/an "inert 40 mm artillery shell ". It's INERT duh.....
on January 3,2014 | 05:21PM
nitpikker wrote:
c'mon! the first time, MAYBE, an honest mistake. the second time was a deliberate act! penalty should be at least he spends some time in lock-up and misses his flight! should also pay a monetary fine or these idiots will keep testing the system and waste everyone's time!
on January 3,2014 | 05:33PM
cojef wrote:
Don't forget, put his name on the "watch list".
on January 4,2014 | 07:51AM
808comp wrote:
Hope this person was denied boarding,and put on a no fly list. People like this should not be allowed to board an aircraft.
on January 3,2014 | 06:48PM
Slow wrote:
He is a dim-wit though somehow it's because of Obamacare. Everything else is.
on January 3,2014 | 07:11PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
Obama needs to know that the quarterback gets all the credit or all the blame. So far Obama is not a quarterback on a team heading to The Super Bowl. Obama is the QB of a team with a slightly losing record, such as 7-9. If Obama was still "a change that we can believe in", he would still have democratic control of both chambers of Congress and his record would be 14-2 or 15-1. No slam dunk of a successful President. A little divergence from the topic of this story, however I am following the lead of Slow and the reference to Obamacare.
on January 4,2014 | 12:23AM
nippy68 wrote:
whos the dimwit???? the guy with the knife or tsa for giving him a second chance???
on January 4,2014 | 04:59AM
RetiredWorking wrote:
Slow, that made no sense at all. At least you got your point of denigrating Obama, which is what you meant to do.
on January 4,2014 | 06:33AM
kekelaward wrote:
Not Bush???
on January 4,2014 | 09:45AM
honopic wrote:
Appropriate screen name, Slow.
on January 4,2014 | 12:04PM
sailfish1 wrote:
That knife is certainly small. However, that guy should be fined, arrested, and denied flying rights for deliberately trying to sneak it aboard. He was warned the first time.
on January 3,2014 | 08:43PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
A man, a woman, a boy, a girl. All anonymous, so i guess these forums are okay. Some of us identify ourselves though such as Dave_Reardon.
on January 4,2014 | 12:17AM
honopic wrote:
Huh? Is your real name HonoluluHawaii? Must be interesting when you have to show I.D.
on January 4,2014 | 12:06PM
50skane wrote:
Makes you wonder if these idiots were potential hijackers or just stupid. Some people are so lolo it is beyond comprehension.
on January 4,2014 | 05:59AM
Smiley7 wrote:
TSA confiscated a tiny fingernail clipper because it had a little file. The inspector did not allow give me any options although I told him it had a a particular meaning to me since it was from a 100 year old American company but speaking very little English, he told me it was not allowed, period! Auwe!
on January 4,2014 | 06:27AM
honopic wrote:
Are you sure he didn't give you the option of putting your nail clipper in your checked bag? Or did you just want things your own way, regardless of the rules? Granted, it's a small item, but is on the "prohibited" list. If you want the list changed, contact your rep in Congress. Should the TSA agent have risked his job because it had "a particular meaning" to you? He didn't need a lot of English to tell you it was not allowed. One word would suffice - NO.
on January 4,2014 | 12:11PM
krusha wrote:
Great to see that these TSA machines and agents aren't easily fooled.
on January 4,2014 | 07:56AM
GoldenRule wrote:
This comment has been deleted.
on January 4,2014 | 10:28AM
honopic wrote:
He had two other options: leave the knife behind, or walk over to the post office, buy a small envelope and mail it to his destination. It's a KNIFE, regardless of size. It's a potential weapon, not allowed past the security checkpoint. What part of that did he not understand?
on January 4,2014 | 12:14PM
bullturd wrote:
Bla-Bla-Bla-Bla.-Bla. This charade was a test to see if the TSA agents were doing their job. looks like they passed it. Congrats!
on January 4,2014 | 10:37AM
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Political Radar
Super

Political Radar
Hilton; Plaza Club

Political Radar
Direct mail

Political Radar
Direct mail

Aperture Cafe
Ramadan #latergram

Wassup Wit Dat!
Go Guess ‘Em Go