Quantcast

Wednesday, October 22, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Fire causes $50,000 damage to McCully apartment

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 01:14 a.m. HST, Jan 31, 2014



A kitchen fire Thursday caused an estimated $50,000 in damage to a McCully apartment and its contents on Citron Street.

Fire Capt. Terry Seelig said that a woman living in the home left a pot of oil unattended on the stove. The oil overheated and caught on fire.

A neighbor on the upper floor tried to douse the fire with a fire extinguisher. He was checked for smoke inhalation, but required no treatment or transport, Seelig said. No one else was injured.

A man who lived at the apartment was not home at the time.

The fire was reported at 3 p.m. and extinguished at 3:15 p.m.

Seelig said the fire caused heavy damage to the kitchen and smoke damage to the entire apartment on the bottom floor of a two-story walkup on Citron Street. No other apartment was damaged.

The Red Cross was called to assist the couple with accommodations.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News