Quantcast

Tuesday, July 22, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 2 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Man injured in Waikiki wok fire

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 01:29 a.m. HST, Feb 07, 2014



Paramedics took a 51-year-old man to the hospital in serious condition from burns he suffered from a flash fire that started in a wok he was using on the balcony of a Waikiki hotel, officials said.

Firefighters were summoned to the Royal Grove Hotel just after 8:30 a.m. on Uluniu Avenue.

The victim apparently had tried to use a propane burner to heat a wok filled with oil that ignited a flash fire, said Fire Capt. Terry Seelig. The fire was contained to the balcony.







 Print   Email   Comment | View 2 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(2)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
loquaciousone wrote:
One should only use a wok when working...I mean woking...
on February 6,2014 | 10:38AM
sailfish1 wrote:
If a hotel room does not have a kitchen, you are not supposed to be cooking in it. That man should be liable for all damages from that fire and should be fined for endangering other people in the hotel.
on February 6,2014 | 10:43AM
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs