Monday, July 28, 2014

Print   Email   Comment | View 22 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

'Dog' Chapman celebrates birthday, freedom

By Steven Mark

LAST UPDATED: 01:12 p.m. HST, Feb 07, 2014

In a big bow-wow of a birthday bash, bounty-hunter-turned-celebrity Duane "Dog" Chapman celebrated his 61st birthday with more than 150 of his closest friends.

Chapman, whose televised pursuit of fugitives and attempts at redeeming their souls have won him a loyal television following first on cable network A&E and now on the Country Music Television channel, was the surprise guest of honor at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel on Thursday evening. The event was organized by his wife and co-star, Beth Chapman, who tricked her husband into showing up.

"He hasn't been so cooperative over the years for birthdays," she said. "It took quite a bit to put together his 60th birthday party, so I basically threw it a year later.

"All of his children are here, friends from Colorado, people who haven't seen him in 10 or 15 years are here," she said. "Partners in crime who have cleaned up their acts from 30 years ago, they've all flown out here."

To Duane Chapman, whose birthday was actually on Sunday, the Feb. 6 date, was just as significant to him.

"Thirty-five years ago today I walked out of prison in Texas," he said, referring to an 18-month sentence served for gang-related activities. "I said, 'This is not the life for me, I'm going to change my life and someday I want to be something.'"

Honolulupulse.com story and more photos: http://hsalinks.com/1aE0xjI

Honolulupulse.com photo gallery: http://hsalinks.com/1g3NIyb

COMMENTS

Slow wrote:
I just had a vision of our next governor!
on February 7,2014 | 08:19AM
Mythman wrote:
crack me up - reminds me of Jesse Ventura who is "off the grid" in Mexico where the drones can't spy on him.
on February 7,2014 | 09:45AM
Grimbold wrote:
Have you watched the show? It is worthless. A waste of time.
on February 7,2014 | 10:45AM
hanalei395 wrote:
Ugly people, chasing ugly people.
on February 7,2014 | 06:09PM
HanabataDays wrote:
Getting kinda momona, brah.
on February 7,2014 | 09:12AM
You mean "pot belly". haven't seen or heard momo na in a long while. Jerks me back to my roots. Thanks.
on February 7,2014 | 10:09AM
TheFarm wrote:
A naked profiteer in the War on Drugs. No like.
on February 7,2014 | 09:26AM
Mythman wrote:
The reason a dog turns his head to one side when you're talking to him is because Dog is rumored to be in line for a fat juicy contract helping Kamehameha Schools and its clone the OHA sweet talk us into those high rise condos next door to the new Presidential library down on the old city dump at Kakaako.
on February 7,2014 | 09:44AM
Guess my post was sent for approval cause using the pot b-lly word or because made reference that the momo na jerks be back to reality where my roots are. hope this 3rd attempt passes.
on February 7,2014 | 10:15AM
Thanks but they refused my post 3 times to your post as I made comments relating to the word momo na.
on February 7,2014 | 10:16AM
1coconut wrote:
God what new, with all the things going on in this world S/A has to put Chapman as important news. Cant believe it.
on February 7,2014 | 11:04AM
Kumukai14 wrote:
And this is news because why??? Who really cares.
on February 7,2014 | 11:09AM
HAJAA1 wrote:
You, enough to post at least.
on February 7,2014 | 12:35PM
laachang wrote:
3 words......Trailer Park Trash
on February 7,2014 | 12:04PM
NanakuliBoss wrote:
From A&E to Country Hick Channel, stepping up! What's with triple DDD Beth's right eye brow?
on February 7,2014 | 12:18PM
Carang_da_buggahz wrote:
Congrats to Dog on his birthday and for turning his life around and helping others. And for all you haters, you don't have to tune-in to the show if you don't like it. These people he pursues aren't on his list because they're choir boys, you know.
on February 7,2014 | 12:26PM
lowtone123 wrote:
I don't.
on February 7,2014 | 02:03PM
Upperkula wrote:
Happy birthday you dogg ! ! !
on February 7,2014 | 03:30PM
Kalaheo1 wrote:
I'll celebrate when he leaves.
on February 7,2014 | 03:45PM
Mythman wrote:
Doggie is so vain, he hires his own "dresser" who styles his appearance, even when he runs to Longs for something, not only when he is on camera.
on February 7,2014 | 05:08PM
makiki123 wrote:
I thought this trash family had left our state? Please go and embarrass another state and please don't tell them you are well liked in Hawaii.
on February 7,2014 | 06:53PM
kolohepalu wrote:
It's tragic that doggy and Hawai'i get mentioned in the same breath. And I wish someone would punch his ugly wife in the face.
on February 7,2014 | 08:45PM