Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Print   Email   Comment | View 5 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Home Depot plans to hire 135 salespeople on Oahu

By Star-Advertiser Staff

LAST UPDATED: 04:39 p.m. HST, Feb 12, 2014

The Home Depot plans to hire 135 salespeople at its stores on Oahu as part of a nationwide push to add 80,000 workers for the spring selling season, the company announced Wednesday.

The company is encouraging students, retirees, veterans and reservists to apply.

"For veterans and reservists interested in employment, The Home Depot's online military skills translator can help match unique military skills to positions within the company," according to a news release from the company.

Candidates can apply online at http://careers.homedepot.com.

The retail sector has been a significant contributor to Hawaii's job growth over the past several years. Since the end of 2010 the Hawaii retailers have added nearly 4,000 workers, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

More From The Star-Advertiser

Home Depot plans to hire 135 on Oahu

COMMENTS

hawaiiwalter wrote:
The people at Home Depot are not very helpful and know little about the products that they're selling. I doubt if these folks are going to add much. There is an big difference between Home Depot and City Mill.
on February 12,2014 | 02:09PM
Froi101 wrote:
I agree to your comment, Hawaiiwalter. Big difference between HD and our local City Mill.
on February 12,2014 | 06:09PM
busterb wrote:
I have to say that this week I had a rather pleasant experience at HD. The people I encountered were well versed in what I needed, sent folks out to my house to fix things, and it all went well. Very happy with the results. And it was 100s less then others in town.
on February 12,2014 | 02:42PM
islandsun wrote:
Big deal just for spring then they get laid off
on February 12,2014 | 04:24PM
krusha wrote:
Every time I go to that store I see people stocking the shelves yet don't seem to want to help out the customers. It's like they think the customers around them are invisible.
on February 12,2014 | 04:25PM
rayhawaii wrote:
Good luck. The hassle a salesperson has to go thru over there with customer who think you know it all. " Excuse me, I'm trying to make this thing for my bed I need 1/16" thingamajig to raise this thingamajig blah blah blah. " Try customers with 10 different screw and find the pricing for each one. Worse job I say but if you need a job go for it. I never worked there but seen it all. Some people so helpless. Where's this where's that.
on February 12,2014 | 08:57PM