Quantcast

Thursday, July 24, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 23 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Argument over parking spot leads to man's arrest

By Star-Advertiser Staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 04:44 a.m. HST, Mar 20, 2014



An argument over a parking space ended with a 43-year-old Maunalani Heights man facing possible criminal charges.

Police said the suspect and a 27-year-old woman were arguing over a parking space on Mariposa Drive at 7:40 p.m. Tuesday.

The argument escalated and the suspect allegedly threatened the woman.

The woman fled and called police. The suspect took refuge in his house and refused to come out.

The suspect was later arrested on suspicion of first-degree terroristic threatening.







 Print   Email   Comment | View 23 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(23)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
entrkn wrote:
A lot of people in Hawaii claim the parking spaces in front of their residences belong to them...
on March 19,2014 | 12:05PM
Solara wrote:
No kidding. They get so territorial about it too and start telling everyone they can't park on the street fronting the house 'cause it belongs to them. Even worse, they come out and slash the tires of the vehicles parked in "their" spot even though there's parking 10 feet away. Stupid.
on March 19,2014 | 12:51PM
sailfish1 wrote:
If there's parking 10 feet away, why don't the people park there instead of in front of someone's house, someone's mailbox, or someone's area where they put their trash bins for pickup.
on March 19,2014 | 02:07PM
Jonas wrote:
sailfish1, I have to agree with that. If there's parking in some other area, I will avoid parking in front of someone's house.
on March 19,2014 | 04:43PM
RetiredWorking wrote:
sailfish, maybe because the space 10 feet away wasn't available until the perp came home and found "his" stall occupied. Yes, Solara, I was told to move my car, cuz "husband coming home soon".
on March 19,2014 | 06:40PM
GONEGOLFIN wrote:
Sailfish, you sound exactly like the story is describing. You already have taken sides to the people that think the area in front of their homes belongs to them.
on March 20,2014 | 09:17AM
localguy wrote:
Exactly. So many acutely dysfunctional people in the Nei who think they "Own" the street area in front of their house. Will block it with potted plants, anything to keep a car out so they can have it. Most of the time it is because their garage/carport is filled with junk running out to the driveway. Serious OCD for hoarding, very common in the Nei.
on March 20,2014 | 12:05AM
Morimoto wrote:
Change "a lot of people in Hawaii" to "a lot of people everywhere".
on March 19,2014 | 01:43PM
sailfish1 wrote:
In some cases, it is because the car owner has his own garage and driveway but, for unknown reasons, wants to park on the street in front of a neighbor's house. In other cases, the car owner has too many cars and clutters the street with his cars.
on March 19,2014 | 01:54PM
MillionMonkeys wrote:
This topic brings out a lot of dumb comments. Dum-dum-de-dum dum!
on March 20,2014 | 12:55AM
HAJAA1 wrote:
Yup. That's how it is. So.....your point is?
on March 20,2014 | 09:39AM
2localgirl wrote:
We don't know but it is an issue some places. Have seen it in Kalihi Valley at the back. NO entry onto the homes property so people park on the street blocking the area with garbage cans for their use when they return. WHY were they allowed to build that way??
on March 19,2014 | 12:15PM
hanoz808 wrote:
we have a few like that in our neighborhood. what gets me is that no one wants to use their garage and drivewar to park their vehicles, so they park right outside and claim it....id say just call the cops
on March 19,2014 | 01:27PM
sailfish1 wrote:
There are lots of people in Hawaii who fill their garage with so much stuff that they can't park their cars in it. Then there are people who set up tables and tvs in their garages. So where do they park their cars? All over the streets in front of mailboxes, areas where neighbors put their garbage bins for pickup, and in front of neighbors houses where their visitors can park. They are so inconsiderate and selfish.
on March 19,2014 | 02:03PM
mineeyes wrote:
Rough out there when you get "the Neighbor from Hell" !
on March 19,2014 | 02:25PM
cojef wrote:
Simple solution is deny multifamily and multi-floors residences, zoned originally as single dwelling lots. Parking became a problem when zoning laws permitted the change. Often time these lots have more than 6 cars per lot.
on March 19,2014 | 02:33PM
Knowlege wrote:
overpopulation
on March 19,2014 | 04:01PM
RetiredWorking wrote:
Knowlege, yep. Eight adults and 10 kids in the 10-bedroom house. Each adult has their own car.
on March 19,2014 | 06:48PM
nitpikker wrote:
you're lucky! i have a neighbor that took down their garage, and instead parks ALL their cars on the road!
on March 19,2014 | 04:09PM
gmejk wrote:
There was that guy in the 1990s in Mililani who shot his neighbors and his guest because he didn't like people parking in "his" space in front of his house. Then he killed himself. Not worth it to get into arguments with nut jobs like this.
on March 19,2014 | 09:09PM
samidunn wrote:
Someone forgot to take his medication!
on March 20,2014 | 07:09AM
Papakolea wrote:
I don't think it's so much about the parking stall as it is about the local moke, Ainokea-I-do-what-I-like, "what you looking at?" Attitude. This probably isn't the first time this person has been in trouble and it won't be the last.
on March 20,2014 | 07:42AM
scuddrunner wrote:
I used to catch rats and put them in a steel bucket. If I didn't feed them regularly they would all gang up on one and eat one of their own. Oahu is only so big and the population keeps growing. More people coming to the islands than leaving I see more attitude now than I saw 20 years ago.
on March 20,2014 | 07:49AM
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News