Quantcast

Saturday, December 20, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Damages estimated at $10,000 for Papaaloa house fire

By Star-Advertiser Staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 12:58 p.m. HST, Mar 22, 2014



Hawaii Island firefighters said a homeowner's son saved a home from fire Saturday morning in Papaaloa.

The son awoke to crackling noises about 5 a.m. and found the laundry sink engulfed in flames, firefighters said. He used a garden hose to extinguish the fire before firefighters arrived.

A fire investigator determined a short in a light switch started the fire in the laundry area outside the home at 35-2040 Nanu Street. The flames caused about $10,000 in damage.

Firefighters said the son saved about $200,000 in property.






 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(0)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions


IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News