POSTED: 6:30 a.m. HST, Mar 27, 2014
LAST UPDATED: 8:23 a.m. HST, Mar 27, 2014
A man convicted of murder in a 2011 Honolulu highway shooting spree will appear via video conference before a parole board.
The board will determine how many years Toby Stangel must serve before being eligible for parole.
A judge last year sentenced Stangel to three consecutive life terms in prison.
Paroles and Pardons Administrator Tommy Johnson says Stangel is serving time in an Arizona facility. Stangel's minimum sentencing hearing is scheduled for Thursday afternoon in Honolulu.
Johnson says the board will publish its decision in approximately two weeks.
Stangel was convicted of the murder of Tammy Nguyen. The mother of 10 was shot in her minivan as her 16-year-old daughter watched. He then shot and injured two motorists on the H-1 Freeway, kept driving and shot at two police officers.