Quantcast

Tuesday, July 22, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Discarded cigarette blamed for fire on Aiea apartment lanai

By Star-Advertiser Staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 04:30 a.m. HST, Apr 17, 2014



A discarded cigarette is believed to have caused a fire that caused $4,500 worth of damages to the lanai of a third floor, one-bedroom apartment in Aiea Wednesday, according to fire investigators.

The fire was reported at 10:23 a.m. at 98-401 Kamehameha Highway and fire investigators believe it started in a plastic bucket that was on the lanai.

Using a compressed foam system, firefighters were able to bring the fire under control within 10 minutes and confined the damage to the lanai.

Two people live in the apartment, but no one was at home when the fire started. No injuries were reported.







 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(0)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs