Quantcast

Thursday, November 27, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Fryer oil catches fire, destroys home in Mountain View

By Star-Advertiser Staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 08:05 a.m. HST, May 09, 2014



A kitchen fire caused $128,000 damage to a home in Mountain View Thursday night, Hawaii County firefighters said.

The fire broke out at about 7:13 p.m. and was brought under control at 7:45 p.m.

Firefighters said the home was fully engulfed in flames when they arrived at the home at 18-1263 Kona St. at about 7:36 p.m.

A resident at home when the fire broke out said he was frying food when the oil caught on fire and spread to the structure.

There were no injuries.

The Red Cross is assisting the people who lived at the home with shelter, food and clothing.






 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(0)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions


IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News