Quantcast

Monday, October 20, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Neighbors help save Salt Lake house from major fire damage

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 12:21 p.m. HST, May 15, 2014



The quick reaction of neighbors to call firefighters helped save a Salt Lake home from major damage on Friday, a Honolulu Fire Department spokesman said.

A toppled pedestal fan started the fire in the living room at 1275 Kukila St.  about 1:40 p.m., said HFD fire inspector David Jenkins. Twenty-two firefighters responded and put out the flames by 2 p.m.

"This fire was ready to go and was already extending through the rest of the house," Jenkins said. "It was a good stop."

The fire caused some smoke damage in the living room. A five-person family lives in the single-story home, but no one was home at the time, Jenkins said.

Damages were estimated at $13,000. No one was hurt.

———

Correction: The May 9 house fire in Salt Lake happened at a Kukila Street address, not at 1307 Anapa St. as was reported in an earlier version of this report.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News