Quantcast

Tuesday, July 29, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 87 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

OHA trustees rescind letter to feds on Hawaiian Kingdom's status

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 06:53 p.m. HST, May 09, 2014


The Office of Hawaiian Affairs Board of Trustees Friday rescinded a letter written by OHA chief executive officer Kamana'opono Crabbe and sent to Secretary of State John Kerry requesting an opinion on whether the Hawaiian Kingdom still exists as an independent sovereign state under international law.

Trustee chairwoman Colette Machado said trustees were surprised and taken aback when they read the letter this morning. She said it was written without their knowledge and the content of the letter does not reflect the position of OHA or the trustees.

"We were totally caught off-guard," she said.

In his May 5 letter, Crabbe said he was requesting a formal legal opinion from the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel on the matter because recent diplomatic proceedings suggested OHA and its trustees may be open to criminal liability in the pursuit of a Native Hawaiian governing entity. He said he would request approval from the trustees that they refrain from such activity until an opinion is issued.

OHA is financially supporting the independent Native Hawaiian Roll Commission, which is preparing and maintaining a roll of qualified Native Hawaiians to work toward the reorganization of a native government.

OHA released a copy of Crabbe's letter to Kerry Friday morning and by late afternoon the trustees said they had rescinded it.




Letter to Secretary of State John Kerry

Rescind letter to Secretary of State John Kerry




 Print   Email   Comment | View 87 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(87)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
tod wrote:
In other news.......
on May 9,2014 | 02:05PM
MalamaKaAina wrote:
Hilarious.....why is this news?
on May 9,2014 | 04:44PM
hanalei395 wrote:
That's because haters of Hawaiians are on OHA's side and are against CEO Crabbe, ... and they don't know why.
on May 9,2014 | 06:17PM
Mythman wrote:
International law has nothing to do with folks getting title back to their lands taken using the maheles by the settlers who organized the system so it resulted in landlessness except for those doing the taking. The OHA will not be able to protect KSBE and the other ali'i trusts from claims under federal law. The main reason the OHA came into existence is being ended due to every aspect of the state's scheme actually being made V O I D by the ruling in Rice. Being a state tribe will mean zilch. Dan Inouye, where are you now that they need you. Most memorable quote from Jennifer when she heard about the end of the Inouye KSBE et al scheme: "Hey, what you guys trying to pull".
on May 9,2014 | 05:55PM
EducatedLocalBoy wrote:
Mythman, you are just as ignorant of the federal law and international treaties as K. Crabbe. But in a way your are better than K. Crabbe because at least you write coherent sentences and complete sentences and he does not in his request to Sec. of State Kerry. What is frightening is that K. Crabbe supposedly has a Ph.D. But perhaps his Ph.D. is in Physical Education (P.E.) like Larry Price's Ph.D. so it all makes sense.
on May 9,2014 | 11:24PM
DiverDave wrote:
I can save them all a lot of time. No it doesn't still exist. Has not existed since 1893. Then after an unanimously voted on Treaty offer from the Polynesian Dominated Legislature of The Republic of Hawaii, who's Speaker of the House was a Polynesian, The United States Congress accepted the offer by a Congressional-Executive Agreement, and the Islands were legally annexed as a Territory of The United States of America.
on May 9,2014 | 02:19PM
holokanaka wrote:
eh dum dum joker, why wasn't the "treaty" submitted to a popular vote??? could it be that the republic knew it would not pass and that the subjects of the Kingdom overwhelmingly did not want to be part of america??? show me one territory that became part of america via a joint resolution other then these Islands.
on May 9,2014 | 09:30PM
DiverDave wrote:
Because the majority of the voters were Polynesian per the Republic of Hawaii's Constitution, that can be found online. The voters had to be born in Hawaii or naturalized citizens before 1893, per the Constitution. So, the majority of "qualified" voters were pure or part Polynesian-Hawaiian. (2) Only persons that wanted to vote for a Senator required land ownership of a very small amount, so it wasn't hard to qualify. (3) It is always someone's choice to vote or not. Just like today that in the last Hawaii election only 40% of the "registered" voters voted, not to mention all the others that could have registered and didn't. (4) Most of the population in 1897 were non-Hawaiian foreign born non citizens before 1893. Robert Schmitt, "Demographic Statistics of Hawaii: 1778-1965, shows there were 55,783 out of 109,020 and could not vote. So you are a deceiver.
on May 9,2014 | 11:03PM
DiverDave wrote:
The point above is that why would Polynesians vote for Polynesians who were for annexation? When they were against it. The only answer 130 years later is that like always, they embraced Democracy.
on May 9,2014 | 11:06PM
noheawilli wrote:
Sure glad I do not live such an ethnocentric life. I am much happier being judge by the character of my heart and not the color of my skin.
on May 9,2014 | 02:32PM
slowroll323 wrote:
What clarification is necessary? It's all "make believe"!
on May 9,2014 | 03:06PM
DiverDave wrote:
Unfortunately noheawilli with some folks it's all about race. That would make them what?
on May 9,2014 | 03:50PM
lee1957 wrote:
So are we going to put Abigail in charge?
on May 9,2014 | 03:08PM
Mythman wrote:
A white "Hawaiian" queen.
on May 9,2014 | 05:23PM
DiverDave wrote:
Ah come on now Mythman, it is the "One drop nation".
on May 9,2014 | 07:49PM
HawaiiCheeseBall wrote:
I think this is a great idea. OHA can take a chill pill while waiting for the State Department to ask the Justice Department for an opinion. Yep, par for the course for OHA.
on May 9,2014 | 03:21PM
DiverDave wrote:
Right HawaiiCheeseBall, Then, in about a year and a half when they get an answer, they can start a new roll full of fake signatures and phony names from this list and all previous ones.
on May 9,2014 | 03:58PM
DiverDave wrote:
"The letter says an analysis from scholars alleging federal and state governments are illegal regimes has raised concerns." Has Crabbe been hanging out with his friend convicted felon David Sai again? (search: "David Sai and the Perfect Title Scam").
on May 9,2014 | 04:04PM
Bothrops wrote:
And the Justice Department is going to say the Kingdom is still alive? But I guess it gets Crabbe out of doing anything.
on May 9,2014 | 04:09PM
hanalei395 wrote:
If the Department says that the Kingdom still exist, then it's bad news for OHA, a state entity.
on May 9,2014 | 04:53PM
Mythman wrote:
They don't have Bruss Keppler around any more to feed them back their own BS, Now they have to depend solely on John Waihee's BS and that of the NHLC.
on May 9,2014 | 05:24PM
DiverDave wrote:
The article says, "The analysis says OHA trustees and Native Hawaiian Roll Commission members may be criminally liable under international law." They are certainly criminally liable under United States law for Identity Theft for adding people's names from other lists, and students that have enrolled in the illegal raced based Kamehameha Schools, without prior permission.
on May 9,2014 | 04:12PM
Mythman wrote:
"Identity theft" - by my calculation, the "Hawaiians" led by Chief Crook Sen Dan Inouye parlayed their stolen identity into some sixty billion dollars. Puts them right up there with Bernie Madoff but none of them are going to jail, or are they?
on May 9,2014 | 05:26PM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
Illegal race based school? Kamehameha schools is private and should be able to educate whichever students they see fit to enroll. You have no credible grip against KSBE as a taxpayer or citizen of this state, without them there would be thousands more students enrolled in publicly funded schools. KSBE saves you and every other taxpayer untold sums of money.
on May 9,2014 | 05:29PM
DiverDave wrote:
Ah saywhatyouthink, but they have non-profit tax status and as such must be inclusive, no exclusive, acocording to I.R.S. tax law. So, the Supreme Court has already ruled that "separate but equal" schools are illegal.
on May 9,2014 | 07:52PM
MoTown808 wrote:
That's not what the I.R.S. says.
on May 10,2014 | 12:27AM
localtodamax808 wrote:
Classic PUNT!!!
on May 9,2014 | 04:16PM
DiverDave wrote:
"Crabbe says the agency would put nation building efforts on hold until officials are able to confirm the Hawaiian Kingdom doesn't continue to exist" Does anyone remember this article in this paper a while back titled "OHA plans handsoff help in nationbuilding" . Apparently Crabbe speaks out both sides of his neck. staradvertiser.com/newspremium/20140307_OHA_plans_handsoff_help_in_nationbuilding.html?id=248956351
on May 9,2014 | 04:33PM
DiverDave wrote:
Well, "Crabbe says the agency would put nation building efforts on hold until officials are able to confirm the Hawaiian Kingdom doesn't continue to exist" Does anyone remember this article in this paper a while back titled "OHA plans handsoff help in nationbuilding" . Apparently Crabbe speaks out both sides of his neck. http://www.staradvertiser.com/newspremium/20140307_OHA_plans_handsoff_help_in_nationbuilding.html?id=248956351
on May 9,2014 | 04:33PM
Ronin006 wrote:
Congress cannot get answers from the State Department for something as simple as Benghazi. Crabbe needs to check in at the Hawaii State Hospital in Kaneohe if he thinks Kerry will answer his letter.
on May 9,2014 | 04:49PM
fbiguy wrote:
Well, he is a psychologist by profession....
on May 9,2014 | 05:45PM
handsomeguy wrote:
This guy is a joke
on May 9,2014 | 05:00PM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
I wish the SA had published the letter that got rescinded.
on May 9,2014 | 05:16PM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
As requested: "evidence that the Hawaiian Kingdom has been legally extinguished": The independent nation of Hawaii had a revolution in which the Kingdom government was overthrown and replaced by a revolutionary Provisional Government followed by a permanent Republic of Hawaii government. The Provisional government was immediately recognized de facto by every foreign nation which had a local consulate in Honolulu. More importantly, the permanent Republic government was recognized as the rightful (de jure) government during the Fall of 1894 by letters in 11 languages personally signed by Emperors, Kings, Queens, and Presidents of at least 19 nations on 4 continents. I have photos of the original letters as found in the Hawaii archives, at http://tinyurl.com/4wtwdz This is how new governments have always gotten international recognition as having extinguished old governments following revolutions -- when the heads of state of other nations having treaty relations personally recognize the change in government.
on May 9,2014 | 05:21PM
headcheese wrote:
As a Swedish citizen, I asked how the treaty with Hawaii is regarded today. The government replied that the treaty is forever and is between the people of Sweden and the people of Hawaii. Should the Kingdom be deemed to still exist, that treaty would still exist as likely would the treaties with other nations, as well. Hawaiians should be allowed to pursue their remedies pursuant to law.
on May 9,2014 | 07:42PM
holokanaka wrote:
cut out your lying already konki donki. you already know for a fact that it was not a "revolution" and in fact a conspiracy between mostly american businessmen and stevens, a representative of america. if what you say "Hawaii had a revolution" is true than why did america apologize for stealing the Hawaiian Kingdom???
on May 9,2014 | 09:46PM
DiverDave wrote:
David Sai your name calling is un called for. Straighten up and speak in civil tones, even when YOUR WRONG!
on May 9,2014 | 09:58PM
Grimbold wrote:
It is mean and dispirited for one named holokanaka to call a serious contributor like Ken Konklin konki donki. Why are you not blocked? What would you say if contributors referred to you as hollowkakaka? Think about it.
on May 10,2014 | 01:41AM
EducatedLocalBoy wrote:
For once I agree with K. Conklin when he said the SA should have printed the letter written by CEO Crabbe.
on May 9,2014 | 05:38PM
Anonymous wrote:
it was posted on face book. which it seem none of you have
on May 9,2014 | 08:46PM
EducatedLocalBoy wrote:
Yes, Anonymous, I don't have facebook and I'm proud of not having a link to a narcissistic site like facebook.
on May 9,2014 | 11:38PM
Grimbold wrote:
agree
on May 10,2014 | 01:43AM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
Ken_Conklin wrote: I wish the SA had published the letter that got rescinded. on May 9,2014 | 05:16PM ....... You mean the original letter and the letter that rescinded the other that are posted right up above these very comments??? The letters I just finished reading in their entirety that you blew past to make your comments? Those letters?? Yup. You read nothing. You just post comments because you love hearing yourself talk. Narcissist. sad. AND scary.
on May 9,2014 | 10:47PM
DiverDave wrote:
You should not drink and smoke before you post.
on May 9,2014 | 11:16PM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
You give yourself advice that you clearly never follow. sad. Oh and BTW people, DiaperDáve is just KennyKKonklín under a different name.
on May 10,2014 | 08:12AM
Skyler wrote:
Perhaps it was posted later? Happens quite a bit here.
on May 10,2014 | 12:58AM
Mythman wrote:
Restoring the Kingdom is on the agenda of the so called royal societies and these are linked to the ali'i trusts.
on May 9,2014 | 05:22PM
DiverDave wrote:
Yes Mythman, could it be that Crabbe is a closet "Royalist". The plot thickens!
on May 9,2014 | 08:01PM
residenttaxpayer wrote:
Can OHA release the copy of the letter so the public can read it and have a good laugh?......
on May 9,2014 | 05:28PM
holokanaka wrote:
google: hawaiiankingdomblog
on May 9,2014 | 09:54PM
DiverDave wrote:
Oh yah, so everyone can be propagandized, David.
on May 9,2014 | 10:29PM
saywhatyouthink wrote:
How embarrassing for CEO Crabbe, overruled by the Board. Maybe you should check with them before issuing any further press releases. I haven't seen your letter but from the descriptions posted it sounds like an absolutely ridiculous question to be asking of anyone, much less the Secretary of State.
on May 9,2014 | 05:33PM
DiverDave wrote:
Can you say David Sai, the convicted criminal?
on May 9,2014 | 08:18PM
soundofreason wrote:
They don't WANT the ruling as they can play in the gray area longer.
on May 9,2014 | 07:01PM
DiverDave wrote:
Yes soundofreason, I will give Crabbe the benefit of the doubt that by asking to clarify the issue that he could then cause all the "Royalists" to join with the "Indian Tribalists" once and for all. Of course it is also possible that Crabbe has been taken in by the likes of David Sai's nonsense himself and is a closet "Royalist". Search: David Sai and the Perfect Title Scam.
on May 9,2014 | 08:00PM
DiverDave wrote:
I can't believe that Crabbe was taken in by David Sai, the convicted felon. LOL Rolling on the ground laughing!
on May 9,2014 | 07:55PM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
Keanu Sai is a con artist and buffoon, despite his impressive public persona. Here's the beginning of a webpage everyone should read -- especially OHA CEO Crabbe. The webpage is lengthy and detailed, and includes serious refutations of Sai's nonsense about the alleged executive agreement and the alleged Lili'uokalani assignment.

See the complete webpage at
http://www.angelfire.com/big09/SaiFantasiesSwissDipl111113.html

FANTASY -- PIGS HAVE WINGS; THEREFORE THEY CAN FLY (and the World Court must enforce porcine aeronautical rights)

Suppose pigs have wings. Therefore they can fly. Therefore pigs have rights to demand allocation of airport landing time slots from government air traffic controllers. The U.S. government has failed to respect the flying rights of pigs. International conventions on utilization of airspace have the same status as treaties. So the U.S. is guilty of violating international law, and pigs have a cause of action in the World Court. Porky Pua'a, who claims to be President Pro-tem of the Porcine Parliament, with help from his sweet-tempered Attorney General Dextrose Kapua'a, has filed a complaint with the International Criminal Court against individual U.S. air traffic controllers. Porky has also filed a demand with the International Court of Justice that nations which have signed the convention on utilization of airspace must allocate a proportionate number of landing time slots to pigs.

Of course we know that pigs don't really have wings. But someone might nevertheless keep proclaiming from the rooftops that pigs do have wings. Such a person might keep on asserting the logical consequences. He might keep filing documents with local, national, and international agencies demanding pigs' aeronautical rights and threatening government officials that they will be put on trial in the International Criminal Court if they deny or obstruct the rights of pigs. Perhaps the best way for real governments and ordinary people to deal with such nonsense is to ignore it. The trouble is that a few people who have not personally inspected pigs might believe they really do have wings -- after all, the advocates for pigwings get lots of media attention while nobody stands up to deny it. Government officials might feel intimidated by threats of prosecution for failure to fulfill their obligations to the rights of pigs, and might begin to let pigs run wild or let them behave in ways that violate the genuine rights of real people. So, however crazy it might be for someone to say pigs have wings, it might also be a good idea to provide proof that pigs really do not have wings. Then everyone can feel safe to ignore Porky's rantings and go about our normal business.

DAVID KEANU SAI'S HAWAIIAN SOVEREIGNTY FANTASY

Since the mid-1990s David Keanu Sai has engaged in a series of adventures on Hawaiian sovereignty issues, which have brought him fame, fortune, and awe-struck followers. For anyone unfamiliar with his escapades, perhaps the best way to learn about them is to begin by looking at his most recent activities to see what are their fundamental assumptions, and how earlier activities led logically to current ones.

See the complete webpage at
http://www.angelfire.com/big09/SaiFantasiesSwissDipl111113.html


on May 9,2014 | 08:01PM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
Keanu Sai is a con artist and circus clown, despite his impressive public persona. Here's the beginning of a webpage everyone should read -- especially OHA CEO Crabbe. The webpage is lengthy and detailed, and includes serious refutations of Sai's nonsense about the alleged executive agreement and the alleged Lili'uokalani assignment.

See the complete webpage at
http://www.angelfire.com/big09/SaiFantasiesSwissDipl111113.html

FANTASY -- PIGS HAVE WINGS; THEREFORE THEY CAN FLY (and the World Court must enforce porcine aeronautical rights)

Suppose pigs have wings. Therefore they can fly. Therefore pigs have rights to demand allocation of airport landing time slots from government air traffic controllers. The U.S. government has failed to respect the flying rights of pigs. International conventions on utilization of airspace have the same status as treaties. So the U.S. is guilty of violating international law, and pigs have a cause of action in the World Court. Porky Pua'a, who claims to be President Pro-tem of the Porcine Parliament, with help from his sweet-tempered Attorney General Dextrose Kapua'a, has filed a complaint with the International Criminal Court against individual U.S. air traffic controllers. Porky has also filed a demand with the International Court of Justice that nations which have signed the convention on utilization of airspace must allocate a proportionate number of landing time slots to pigs.

Of course we know that pigs don't really have wings. But someone might nevertheless keep proclaiming from the rooftops that pigs do have wings. Such a person might keep on asserting the logical consequences. He might keep filing documents with local, national, and international agencies demanding pigs' aeronautical rights and threatening government officials that they will be put on trial in the International Criminal Court if they deny or obstruct the rights of pigs. Perhaps the best way for real governments and ordinary people to deal with such nonsense is to ignore it. The trouble is that a few people who have not personally inspected pigs might believe they really do have wings -- after all, the advocates for pigwings get lots of media attention while nobody stands up to deny it. Government officials might feel intimidated by threats of prosecution for failure to fulfill their obligations to the rights of pigs, and might begin to let pigs run wild or let them behave in ways that violate the genuine rights of real people. So, however crazy it might be for someone to say pigs have wings, it might also be a good idea to provide proof that pigs really do not have wings. Then everyone can feel safe to ignore Porky's rantings and go about our normal business.

DAVID KEANU SAI'S HAWAIIAN SOVEREIGNTY FANTASY

Since the mid-1990s David Keanu Sai has engaged in a series of adventures on Hawaiian sovereignty issues, which have brought him fame, fortune, and awe-struck followers. For anyone unfamiliar with his escapades, perhaps the best way to learn about them is to begin by looking at his most recent activities to see what are their fundamental assumptions, and how earlier activities led logically to current ones.

See the complete webpage at
http://www.angelfire.com/big09/SaiFantasiesSwissDipl111113.html


on May 9,2014 | 08:02PM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
Keanu Sai is a con artist and circus clown, despite his impressive public persona. Here's the beginning of a webpage everyone should read -- especially OHA CEO Crabbe. The webpage is lengthy and detailed, and includes serious refutations of Sai's nonsense about the alleged executive agreement and the alleged Lili'uokalani assignment.
on May 9,2014 | 08:02PM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
Here's the beginning of a webpage everyone should read -- especially OHA CEO Crabbe. The webpage is lengthy and detailed, and includes serious refutations of Sai's nonsense about the alleged executive agreement and the alleged Lili'uokalani assignment.
on May 9,2014 | 08:03PM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
Here's the beginning of a webpage. See the complete webpage at
http://www.angelfire.com/big09/SaiFantasiesSwissDipl111113.html

FANTASY -- PIGS HAVE WINGS; THEREFORE THEY CAN FLY (and the World Court must enforce porcine aeronautical rights)

Suppose pigs have wings. Therefore they can fly. Therefore pigs have rights to demand allocation of airport landing time slots from government air traffic controllers. The U.S. government has failed to respect the flying rights of pigs. International conventions on utilization of airspace have the same status as treaties. So the U.S. is guilty of violating international law, and pigs have a cause of action in the World Court. Porky Pua'a, who claims to be President Pro-tem of the Porcine Parliament, with help from his sweet-tempered Attorney General Dextrose Kapua'a, has filed a complaint with the International Criminal Court against individual U.S. air traffic controllers. Porky has also filed a demand with the International Court of Justice that nations which have signed the convention on utilization of airspace must allocate a proportionate number of landing time slots to pigs.

Of course we know that pigs don't really have wings. But someone might nevertheless keep proclaiming from the rooftops that pigs do have wings. Such a person might keep on asserting the logical consequences. He might keep filing documents with local, national, and international agencies demanding pigs' aeronautical rights and threatening government officials that they will be put on trial in the International Criminal Court if they deny or obstruct the rights of pigs. Perhaps the best way for real governments and ordinary people to deal with such nonsense is to ignore it. The trouble is that a few people who have not personally inspected pigs might believe they really do have wings -- after all, the advocates for pigwings get lots of media attention while nobody stands up to deny it. Government officials might feel intimidated by threats of prosecution for failure to fulfill their obligations to the rights of pigs, and might begin to let pigs run wild or let them behave in ways that violate the genuine rights of real people. So, however crazy it might be for someone to say pigs have wings, it might also be a good idea to provide proof that pigs really do not have wings. Then everyone can feel safe to ignore Porky's rantings and go about our normal business.

DAVID KEANU SAI'S HAWAIIAN SOVEREIGNTY FANTASY

Since the mid-1990s David Keanu Sai has engaged in a series of adventures on Hawaiian sovereignty issues, which have brought him fame, fortune, and awe-struck followers. For anyone unfamiliar with his escapades, perhaps the best way to learn about them is to begin by looking at his most recent activities to see what are their fundamental assumptions, and how earlier activities led logically to current ones.

See the complete webpage at
http://www.angelfire.com/big09/SaiFantasiesSwissDipl111113.html


on May 9,2014 | 08:04PM
Ken_Conklin wrote:
Suppose pigs have wings. Therefore they can fly. Therefore pigs have rights to demand allocation of airport landing time slots from government air traffic controllers. The U.S. government has failed to respect the flying rights of pigs. International conventions on utilization of airspace have the same status as treaties. So the U.S. is guilty of violating international law, and pigs have a cause of action in the World Court. Porky Pua'a, who claims to be President Pro-tem of the Porcine Parliament, with help from his sweet-tempered Attorney General Dextrose Kapua'a, has filed a complaint with the International Criminal Court against individual U.S. air traffic controllers. Porky has also filed a demand with the International Court of Justice that nations which have signed the convention on utilization of airspace must allocate a proportionate number of landing time slots to pigs.
on May 9,2014 | 08:05PM
DiverDave wrote:
Crabbe says, "Dr. Sai made specific reference to two sole-executive agreements entered into through executive mediation between President Grover Cleveland and Queen Lili'uokalani". If the "Kingdom" existed then by the constitution she swore to uphold, she needed approval of any "agreement" by her Ministers(her cabinet). In order to enter into any "letters of agreement" Cleveland must first be vested with that power by Congress, which he didn't have. So, this whole David Sai twisted nonsense is silly and moot.
on May 9,2014 | 08:41PM
DiverDave wrote:
Crabbe says, "Dr. Sai made specific reference to two sole-executive agreements entered into through executive mediation between President Grover Cleveland and Queen Lili'uokalani". If the "Kingdom" existed then by the constitution she swore to uphold, she needed approval of any "agreement" by her Ministers(her cabinet). In order to enter into any "letters of agreement" Cleveland must first be vested with that power by Congress, which he didn't have. So, this whole David Sai twisted nonsense is silly and moot.
on May 9,2014 | 08:41PM
Lanikaula wrote:
Good call, Kamana'o! Guess we REALLY know the unity of OHA BOD intentions: "to undermine ALL the recent Kamau a ea conferences, FACILITATE Self-Determination and once again BETRAY the Betrayed!
on May 9,2014 | 08:57PM
DiverDave wrote:
Machado was heard to say as she was running through the halls of the Capital: "Rescind the letter! Rescind the letter! We never want to know the answer to that question! I may not have a job!"
on May 9,2014 | 09:08PM
DiverDave wrote:
As Machado was heard to say as she ran through the halls of the Capital, "Rescind the letter, Rescind the letter! We never want that questioned answered!"
on May 9,2014 | 09:11PM
holokanaka wrote:
gee, where did all these Hawaiian haters come from? all these arrogant ha le that seems to imply that they know the true legal and political history of these Islands? answer this: how did the Hawaiian Kingdom "legally" become part of america??? why did america apologize for stealing the Islands???
on May 9,2014 | 10:02PM
DiverDave wrote:
Why is it always about race David Sai? Why do you label people "ha le"? You are feeling what pathological liars feel when they have to come to grips with their issues. The Supreme Court ruled against the apology resolution as having "No Legal Standing" because of the twisted wording. The "Kingdom" is gone. Stop wanting to be a racial separatist. This is 2014 dude.
on May 9,2014 | 10:13PM
DiverDave wrote:
As Colette Machado was heard to say as she ran through the halls of the Capital, "Rescind the letter, Rescind the letter! We never want that questioned answered!"
on May 9,2014 | 09:15PM
DiverDave wrote:
"Rescind the letter, Rescind the letter! We never want that questioned answered!"
on May 9,2014 | 09:16PM
DiverDave wrote:
Also heard, "Rescind the letter quick, I can't get another job!"
on May 9,2014 | 09:32PM
DiverDave wrote:
Seriously, Questioning whether we are or not part of the Greatest Nation on Earth, The United States of America, publicly, by a public official is borderline treason!
on May 9,2014 | 09:48PM
DiverDave wrote:
A house divided cannot stand.
on May 9,2014 | 09:55PM
NanakuliBoss wrote:
Ranting dribbler talking to his selflys.
on May 9,2014 | 10:10PM
DiverDave wrote:
Did you have a point relating to the topic, or were you just barely able to make a personal attack?
on May 9,2014 | 10:32PM
Manawai wrote:
Bozo's hard at work here. Step away....nothing to see.
on May 9,2014 | 09:53PM
DiverDave wrote:
Just having a little fun Manawai.
on May 9,2014 | 10:04PM
NanakuliBoss wrote:
Doktar,doctor take your pm meds, please now. Igor get his meds quick
on May 9,2014 | 10:11PM
JohnD2 wrote:
Phew! That was a close one. If Kerry recognized the Hawaiian Kingdom as sovereign over the Hawaiian Islands, then Obama wouldn't be eligible to serve as president because he would have been born in a foreign country. Of course, if Obama's not eligible, Kerry is not a lawful Secretary of State, so his opinion wouldn't matter anyway.
on May 9,2014 | 10:07PM
DiverDave wrote:
Nice John!
on May 9,2014 | 10:15PM
DiverDave wrote:
Well it chaos as usual with OHA. LOL at this group!
on May 9,2014 | 10:24PM
Skyler wrote:
How... odd.
on May 9,2014 | 10:33PM
DiverDave wrote:
Yes truth is stranger than fiction.
on May 9,2014 | 11:19PM
AndrewWalden wrote:
For this 'rescission' to be credible, OHA must fire Crabbe.
on May 10,2014 | 12:47AM
Ldub20_Owl316 wrote:
Hawaiian Kingdom ain't happening. If we were to secede, Japan, China, and Russia would all try to annex us yust like that.
on May 10,2014 | 12:55AM
Terii_Kelii wrote:
These 9 OHA trustees are the ONLY 9 people in Hawai‘i who do not want that question answered.
on May 10,2014 | 08:38AM
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Political Radar
`Values,’ too

Political Radar
$29,595

Wassup Wit Dat!
Bettah Not Lose It

Political Radar
`My side’

Political Radar
‘He reminds me of me’

Bionic Reporter
Needing a new knee

Warrior Beat
Monday musings

Small Talk
Burning money