POSTED: 09:20 p.m. HST, May 29, 2014
LAST UPDATED: 09:20 p.m. HST, May 29, 2014
A Maui house fire displaced eight people Thursday evening.
When fire crews arrived at the Wailuku house at 2164 W. Vineyard St., the resident had put out the fire before firefighters arrived.
A fire inspector determined the cause was due to an accidental cooking fire.
Damage to the 720-square-foot, single-story structure was an estimated $4,800 to the structure and $2,000 to the contents.
No one was injured.
Four adults and four children, however, were displaced. The American Red Cross, Hawaii State Chapter, was assisting.