Quantcast

Monday, July 28, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 23 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

'Hawaii 5-0' plans red carpet Waikiki premiere

By Mike Gordon

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 10:44 a.m. HST, Jul 02, 2014


For the fifth year in a row, CBS will premiere the new season of "Hawaii Five-0" at its popular Sunset on the Beach red carpet party on Waikiki Beach, the network announced Wednesday. 

CBS will screen the season premiere on Sept. 13, which is nearly two weeks before the network debut on Sept. 26.  

The event, which draws thousands of fans from around the world, has become a fall "Five-0" tradition. The network, and especially the show's executive producer, Peter Lenkov, consider it a way to thank fans. 

"It allows me the privilege of sharing our premiere episode with our extended family on the most beautiful beach in the world," Lenkov said. "So if you ask if I am excited -- I am. More than words can describe. Mahalo." 

The event includes regular cast members and guest stars who arrive, usually after a full day of shooting, dressed in tuxedos and gowns and walk a red carpet along the shore. 

This season will see a significant milestone in the rebooted version of "Five-0": Its 100th episode.

"In an era when everyone's attention is divided by a plethora of media choices, it's humbling to have a show that's about to celebrate its 100th episode," Lenkov said. "And we'll be shooting that episode during Sunset On The Beach, which has turned out to be the highlight of every season."







 Print   Email   Comment | View 23 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(23)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
Da da da da da tho, da da da da da tho, thanks Jack as u look upon us and bless us everyday with ur presence. For those who don't know, u can visit Kahala Mall and outside Macy's there's a statuette of Jack.
on July 2,2014 | 10:15AM
2disgusted2 wrote:
He was a Lord!
on July 2,2014 | 05:59PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
In more ways than 5-0. I seen him in Combat! as a technical sergeant who crossed with the combat sergeant Vic Morrow. Also in The Invaders as Vikor, one in which Alfred Ryder starred. Those were my favorite shows: Combat!, Voyage to the Bottom of The Sea, The Invaders, The Fugitive, The FBI, Hawaii Five-0, All in the Family, Star Trek, The Odd Couple, McHale's Navy, That Girl, It Takes a Thief, Charlie's Angels, The Rookies, and lastly and not the least, Three's Company, god bless John Ritter!! In fact too much TV that I got smashed when I took my SAT verbal lol.
on July 3,2014 | 04:40AM
Surfer_Dude wrote:
100 episodes mean syndication. Now the big bucks flow in.
on July 2,2014 | 11:05AM
Wazdat wrote:
They already get 2 million an episode from TNT.
on July 2,2014 | 04:48PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
Don't be surprised if u see Taylor Wily cruising with a Mercedes.
on July 3,2014 | 01:05PM
ezridah wrote:
yeahhhhhhhhh Dannoooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh ! plate lunch on me
on July 2,2014 | 12:01PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
First he gotta learn some Pidgin English. No standard Stanford, Harvard, Ivy League standard English: let's go Pidgin, let's go Pidgin, let's go Pidgin .....
on July 2,2014 | 12:13PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
By the way I wen meet en greet Taylor Wily at Shirokiya's (Ala Moana of course, as all others have closed) and had a brief chat with him.
on July 2,2014 | 12:15PM
PCWarrior wrote:
Did you send out a press release?
on July 2,2014 | 12:26PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
My iPhone power was low.
on July 2,2014 | 06:16PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
I was secretly recording our chat though and I will get it up on You Tube. My voice can be recognized however Taylor's voice was soft. He was there with his two kids and yes he WAS chomping down on a meal fit for a King. Man those big bumbuchas can EAT !!!! I also asked him if he was related to Aofaga Wily of The Kahuku Red a Raiders.
on July 3,2014 | 04:49AM
sak wrote:
They need to take lessons from the Dog mo beta. Still the best Korean Program on TV with no sub titles. The two Korean Stars speak good Engrish too!
on July 2,2014 | 03:41PM
waianae94 wrote:
Wow, you say the same thing every single time. Broken record.
on July 2,2014 | 10:32PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
Probably a robot commentator that spits out the same words all the time, similar to MalamaAina.
on July 3,2014 | 04:41AM
DanLBoom wrote:
This is such a CHEEEEEEESY Show .who watchs this stuff anyway??? Imua
on July 2,2014 | 03:22PM
hanalei395 wrote:
Stupid show. Watch "Shark Tank", on ABC.
on July 2,2014 | 03:57PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
I think for those of us who will be alive 40 years from now, those of you will appreciate this show because it shows the sights and sounds of Hawaii. I am old enough to live through the time that the original show filmed, from 1968 to 1980, and I can recall how Hawaii and especially Honolulu looked like, back in the day. I don't know if this new version of 5-O will last long enough to include footage of TheTrain, however it would be of interest to get on film, TheTrain running.
on July 2,2014 | 06:20PM
HOSSANA wrote:
This show is nothing but a "slapstick comedy" that tries to be slick with its superficial story plots and incredulous gun fights etc....I find it hard to believe that this series will go any further than this season....the writing and plots are simply discombobulated going off in every which way lost in the sunset of stupidity......the original "5-0" was really local, basics, and featured many local character actors/actressed which gave it a feeling of ohana and genuine authenticity.
on July 2,2014 | 05:47PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
Yes the original show was much better because McGarrett was THE Man, the supreme boss. Our new McGarrett has tattoos, speaks softly and has other characteristics that would make Jack Lord turn in his coffin.
on July 2,2014 | 06:23PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
The following names, some of whom are with Jack Lord, brings back memories: Nephi Hannemann (yes, Mufi's brother), Danny Kaleikini, Christopher Walken, Vic Tayback, Carol Lynley, Vic Morrow, John Ritter, Marion Ross (yes of Happy Days), Bob Sevey, Bob Jones, Joe Moore, and many more, who've guest starred on the original version, and for which I've watched each episode at least twice, as I am a genuine Original Hawaii Five-O fan, to have and to hold, these Magnificent Hawaiian Islands.
on July 2,2014 | 06:34PM
ejkorvette wrote:
WHY?
on July 2,2014 | 09:31PM
HonoluluHawaii wrote:
Because it's good for the tourist industry, and the lady that's seen on the tail of the jet.
on July 3,2014 | 04:44AM
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs