POSTED: 6:43 a.m. HST, Jul 15, 2014
LAST UPDATED: 3:49 p.m. HST, Jul 15, 2014
A 22-year-old Waianae man is scheduled for trial in Circuit Court in September for allegedly attacking another man with machete during a fight near the Lanakila Health Center last month.
Haron Suda entered a plea of not guilty before Circuit Judge Richard Perkins on Monday to one count of first degree terroristic threatening. He is free after posting $25,000 bail.
His criminal trial was set for the week of Sept. 15 before Circuit Judge Glenn Kim.
Suda was initially arrested on June 8 on suspicion of second-degree attempted murder after he allegedly swung a 2-foot machete at a 59-year-old man and missed, according to a police affidavit.
Police were called to quell a fight involving 15 to 20 people at 1 a.m. on June 28 at Ahiahi Place near the Lanakila Health Center, the police statement said.
The victim told police that he was about three feet from the suspect when he allegedly swung the machete at him.
During his arraignment Suda was ordered to have no contact with the victim.