Quantcast

Sunday, December 21, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 5 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Man, 57, dies after assault in downtown Honolulu

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 10:36 a.m. HST, Jul 30, 2014



A 35-year-old man could be facing a murder charge after the man he allegedly assaulted earlier this month died in the hospital.

Emergency Medical Services said paramedics treated a 57-year-old man  at 8:45 p.m. on July 17 at Smith Street for a small cut to his head. However, the patient refused to be taken to the hospital.

However, paramedics were called back to the Smith Street location an hour later when the victim said he had been punched multiple times and had more intensive injuries. An ambulance took the man to the hospital in serious condition.

Officers arrested the suspect on suspicion of third-degree assault following the incident at Bishop and Beretania streets.

He was released without charges, pending further investigation.

The 57-year-old victim died Tuesday at the hospital

Police reclassified the case as a second-degree murder investigation.

An autopsy will be performed Wednesday.






 Print   Email   Comment | View 5 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(5)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions


IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News