Monday, November 30, 2015         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Kaneohe family displaced by duplex fire

By Star-Advertiser staff


A Kaneohe family of four was displaced Friday night by a fire that damaged about 25 percent of the duplex they lived in.

Firefighters responded to the 5:47 p.m. alarm and were on scene by 5:55 p.m. The fire was brought under control at 6:10 p.m. and extinguished by 6:41 p.m., said fire Capt. David Jenkins.

The fire was contained to the rear unit of the single-story duplex located at 45-638 Apuakea St.

No one was home at the time, and firefighters were trying to reach them Friday night.

A couple in the front unit smelled smoke and evacuated safely, Jenkins said.

The cause of the fire and damage estimates were unavailable Friday night.

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Latest News/Updates