Quantcast
  

Thursday, April 24, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 7 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Warriors to play series with Jayhawks, Kansas officials say

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 08:08 a.m. HST, Jun 06, 2013



The University of Kansas and Hawaii will play a home-and-home football series beginning in 2016, the Jayhawks announced.

UH will go to Lawrence, Kan. for a Sept. 24, 2016 game and the Jayhawks will come to Aloha Stadium Sept. 2, 2017, the KU announcement said.

The schools have met once in football, a 33-27 Jayhawk victory in 1985.

"We are very excited to announce this home-and-home series with Hawaii," said Kansas head coach Charlie Weis in a statement. "We recognize Hawaii and the islands as a fertile recruiting territory. Both our current players and prospects are excited that these two games are official."

UH officials declined comment pending a review of the contracts.







 Print   Email   Comment | View 7 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(7)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
Anonymous wrote:
Shouldn't they now be called the "Rainbow Warriors"?
on June 6,2013 | 08:27AM
Do_you_know_SHATA wrote:
No, "WARRIORS" is correct
on June 6,2013 | 09:07AM
honopic wrote:
NO! Anonymous is right and you are wrong. Didn't you get the memo? All UH men's teams are now RAINBOW WARRIORS. Get used to it, or get over it.
on June 6,2013 | 02:46PM
3962 wrote:
The only reason Kansas has agreed to play hawaii is to come over and recruit the local kids
on June 6,2013 | 09:09AM
PokeStop wrote:
The Big Tuna is bringing his Jayhawks over to Hawaii! Kansas sucks in football.
on June 6,2013 | 09:14AM
E_Ogawa wrote:
"Big Tuna" is in reference to Bill Parcels. Charlie Weis would more appropriately be called, "Big Loser".
on June 6,2013 | 09:21AM
u808man wrote:
Aloha Warrior Nation! Both programs need to improve in order to make this series interesting. However (To be honest), I'm excited about it. Right now both heralded programs bring some history to the table and even though both teams are rebuilding under new leadership, it'll be interesting to see where these two programs will be in 2016 and 2017. Let's Go to WAR-riors!
on June 6,2013 | 01:47PM
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Warrior Beat
One last fling

Political Radar
Phased in

Political Radar
Palolo v. Pauoa

Political Radar
Palolo v. Pauoa

Career Changers
Must Sea TV

Political Radar
HB 1700 — Day 4

Political Radar
Pass