POSTED: 07:39 a.m. HST, Jun 27, 2013
LAST UPDATED: 07:40 a.m. HST, Jun 27, 2013
Occupants of a Wailuku apartment complex were evacuated for about an hour because of a gas leak Wednesday night.
Hawaii Gas was forced to shut the main valve for the propane tank at Kahekili Terrace in Happy Valley on Piihana Road just after 8:30 p.m. to stop a gas leak. A propane service line ruptured due to corrosion, according to Maui County Fire Department officials. Repairs to the line will be done today.
Occupants from six units of the apartment complex were evacuated until the leak was stopped.
No injuries were reported.