Quantcast
  

Sunday, April 20, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 7 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Exploding fridge leads to pot find in San Diego

By Associated Press

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 05:54 a.m. HST, Jun 29, 2013



SAN DIEGO » Authorities say an exploding refrigerator led them to a marijuana-growing operation in San Diego.

City News Service says the fridge exploded and caused a fire Thursday afternoon at a home in the Encanto neighborhood.

It took firefighters about 30 minutes to douse the fire and there were no injuries.

However, police say authorities later discovered marijuana growing at the house and a quantity of flammable hash oil, which apparently caused the explosion.

Three people were held for questioning.







 Print   Email   Comment | View 7 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(7)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
7yearTribulation wrote:
You See...
on June 29,2013 | 09:58AM
nodaddynotthebelt wrote:
I don't know what you are implying by your post but to say that marijuana is the cause of this, you are wrong. If marijuana was legal people would not have to go to the extent of hiding a God-given plant that everyone should have the right of access to. No government should have the right to deny any human being the right to a simple plant that gives them happiness. As with all substances including alcohol, we have the responsibility to consume such responsibly. Alcohol causes thousands of deaths each year on our roads and through violent behavior each year alone. Marijuana does not cause this same violent behavior nor is it known to be a cause of impaired driving deaths in states where it has been legalized. Alcohol in comparison is a dangerous substance that causes liver, heart and other health problems. Marijuana has medicinal attributes that should not be prohibited by our government. Pharmaceutical companies want this plant banned because it would cut into their revenues. Criminals want it to remain illegal so that they can profit hugely from it. I think it is you that need to see how wrong banning this plant is.
on June 29,2013 | 12:41PM
Bdpapa wrote:
Get a life!
on June 29,2013 | 08:40PM
sailfish1 wrote:
If they didn't have marijuana, they wouldn't have had "quantity" of flammable hash oil. If they didn't smoke marijuana, they would not have had a fire to light it. Put fire and flammable oil together and you get an explosion. So what is your explanation of what happened? Are you saying refrigerators have a high probability to explode on their own?
on June 30,2013 | 02:13AM
bender wrote:
Babooze of the week award.
on June 29,2013 | 10:53AM
Bdpapa wrote:
I told them just seal the room to total darkness and use the lamps.
on June 29,2013 | 08:41PM
Anonymous wrote:
Hard when the government control the decisions of people.
on June 30,2013 | 05:49AM
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News