Quantcast
  

Monday, April 21, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 2 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Faulty electrical wiring blamed for Waikiki, Kahuku fires

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 02:12 a.m. HST, Oct 26, 2013


Honolulu Fire Department investigators have determined that faulty electrical wiring was to blame for two structure fires this week.

On Wednesday fire damaged two homes on Leleuli Street in Kahuku on Wednesday. The blaze caused $490,000 in damage to the structure and contents of one home and $20,000 to an adjacent second home.

Fire also caused $140,000 damage to an eighth-floor apartment at the Regency Ala Wai complex in Waikiki on Friday morning.

No injuries were reported in either case.







 Print   Email   Comment | View 2 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(2)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
false wrote:
Smoker, no doubt. Make all condos smoke free.
on October 25,2013 | 03:38PM
1566voice wrote:
Headline: faulty electrical wiring, not smoking caused the fire. It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. Mark Twain
on October 25,2013 | 09:20PM
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News