Quantcast

Sunday, July 27, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Kitchen fire prompts evacuation of Maui strip mall

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 08:01 a.m. HST, Nov 27, 2013



An unattended pot left on a stove is believed to have been the cause of a fire that caused $5,000 worth of damage to a kitchen at Waiehu Beach Center late Tuesday night in Kahului.

Approximately 40 people within the beach center at 270 Waiehu Beach Road were evacuated after firefighters responded to the 11:38 p.m. alarm. No injuries were reported.

The fire was contained to the kitchen of the Watercress Lounge, which was unoccupied at the time. The fire damaged a stove and a wall and was extinguished at 12:51 a.m. 






More From The Star-Advertiser

Newswatch




 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(0)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Political Radar
On policy

Warrior Beat
Apple fallout

Wassup Wit Dat!
Can You Spock ‘Em?

Warrior Beat
Meal plan

Volley Shots
Fey, Enriques on MJNT

Political Radar
Wilhelmina Rise, et al.

Court Sense
Cold War

Political Radar
Climate change