Wednesday, November 25, 2015         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Kahului house fire blamed on children playing with lighter

By Star-Advertiser Staff


An early morning fire that caused an estimated $350,000 in damage to a Kahului home  and its contents was apparently caused by children playing  with a lighter, according to the Maui Fire Department.

Firefighters responding to a 12:01 a.m. call found the three-bedroom home on Lono Avenue engulfed in flames. The fire was brought under control just before 1 a.m. and extinguished at 3:32 a.m.

No injuries were reported.

The American Red Cross is assisting the displaced residents of the home with shelter, food and other needs.

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Latest News/Updates