Quantcast

Tuesday, September 30, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Fire burns Mililani townhouse

By Star-Advertiser Staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 03:59 p.m. HST, Jun 15, 2010



A fire at a two-story townhouse in Mililani that left a family of three homeless last night was caused by unattended smoking materials, said Honolulu fire Capt. Terry Seelig.

The fire was reported at 10:54 p.m. in the upstairs bedroom of a home at 95-322 Kaloapau St. and was brought under control at 11:10 p.m.

Two adults and a teenager lived at the home and escaped without serious injury, although one resident suffered cuts on their feet from broken glass, Seelig said.

The fire was confined to the bedroom. Damage is estimated at $50,000.

The Red Cross assisted the family with a place to stay overnight.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Political Radar
Fore!

Political Radar
1994

Island Crafters
Proud Mommy Status

Wassup Wit Dat!
Got You Now

Warrior Beat
Back on the field

Small Talk
The arm touch

Political Radar
`Not an option’

Warrior Beat
Higa gets a shot