Quantcast

Wednesday, October 01, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Kauai house fire started by candles, officials say

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:



Unattended burning candles started a fire that damaged a home in Wailua on Kauai, a county spokeswoman said today.

Firefighters responded to the blaze at Royal Drive at 5:38 p.m. Monday. Neighbors saw flames in the studio apartment on the home’s second floor and immediately alerted the residents, a brother and sister. Fire officials said the fire spread to the ground floor of the house. 

The residents and three dogs escaped unharmed. The fire was brought under control in a half-hour and extinguished at 6:45 p.m. 

Fire officials classified the fire as accidental. Damage to the structure and contents was estimated at $700,000.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
Career Changers
Tetris Movie in Works?

Political Radar
Spoilers

Volley Shots
Tuesday check-in

Political Radar
Taxing

Warrior Beat
Quick turnaround

Political Radar
`Side-by-side’

Political Radar
Fore!