Quantcast

Wednesday, September 17, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Neighbor uses garden hose to help control fire

By Star-Advertiser Staff

POSTED:



An alert neighbor used a garden hose to help put out a fire in Keaau yesterday afternoon, Big Island firefighters said. 

Firefighters responded to the 4:27 p.m. alarm Thursday at 16-1101 Moho Rd. and extinguished the fire by 4:43 p.m. The fire was mostly under control when engines arrived because of the neighbor's efforts, firefighters said.

Officials estimated damages at $10,000 to the single-story structure, but said the damage could have been up to $143,000 if the flames had spread. The cause of the fire at the 20 foot by 30 foot structure is blamed on unattended fire being used to heat water, firefighters said.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News