Quantcast

Friday, August 22, 2014         

 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Firefighters put out hot spot at Kalama Valley fire

By Star-Advertiser Staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 08:00 a.m. HST, Jul 10, 2010



Firefighters returned to Kalama Valley last night to extinguish burning embers at the scene of a brush fire that started on Sunday by illegal fireworks.
An alert hiker noticed smoke and the glowing embers near a trail above the houses on Kamehame Drive about 6 p.m., said Honolulu Fire Capt. Earle Kealoha.
Firefighters doused the smoldering fire within a few minutes. Kealoha said the embers were possibly deep-seated remains of the earlier fire and could have started a fire on the Ewa side of the trail.






 Print   Email   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News
Blogs
The Green Leaf
Solar vigil

Political Radar
1,782

Island Crafters
Ya Meet the Nicest Peeps

Small Talk
Clothing swap?

Political Radar
Proceeding

The Green Leaf
Expanding a monument

Wassup Wit Dat!
Huh? – Follow Up

Political Radar
Spirit of Daniel Inouye