Quantcast
  

Wednesday, April 23, 2014         

 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

Smoke scare causes evacuation at UH-Manoa's Frear Hall

By Star-Advertiser staff

POSTED:
LAST UPDATED: 03:40 p.m. HST, Jul 05, 2011



 

About 200 people staying in the Frear Hall dorm at the University of Hawaii at Manoa evacuated the building last night after smoke filled a unit on the third floor.

Honolulu Fire Department spokesman Capt. Terry Seelig said the incident happened at about 10:41 p.m. Firefighters found the third floor unit filled with smoke, which was going out into the hall.

Firefighters determined the smoke was from a malfunctioning ventilation fan in a bathroom. There was no flame or heat damage reported.

Residents returned to the building about an hour to 90 minutes after the alarm when firefighters determined the cause of the smoke.







 Print   Email   Comment | View 0 Comments   Most Popular   Save   Post   Retweet

COMMENTS
(0)
You must be subscribed to participate in discussions
By participating in online discussions you acknowledge that you have agreed to the TERMS OF SERVICE. An insightful discussion of ideas and viewpoints is encouraged, but comments must be civil and in good taste, with no personal attacks. Because only subscribers are allowed to comment, we have your personal information and are able to contact you. If your comments are inappropriate, you may receive a warning, and if you persist with such comments you may be banned from posting. To report comments that you believe do not follow our guidelines, email commentfeedback@staradvertiser.com.
Leave a comment

Please login to leave a comment.
IN OTHER NEWS
Breaking News